Chunk Systems - Agent 00FUNK!  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Coolhat
Information

Post by Coolhat »

Hi,

I´m resurrecting this thread because I am at my wit´s end with this build. I can not get any kind of filtering going, the sound just goes "through" the circuit unaffected.

I have built it using tagboardeffects vero layout and I´ve gone over every single component, joint, link and cut dozen times already and I can not find a fault. My voltages are more or less the same as the ones JohnK posted earlier. I´ve probed the hell out of the circuit, but to be honest, it´s not much use when I do not know what I am supposed to be looking for.

The thing is, I´m still quite new at this pedal malarkey and this is my most complex project to date. I´ve done some reading on ECFs and I have some idea how they work, but I´m struggling to make sense of this circuit. So I would really appreciate some help. I´m not expecting people to do my troubleshooting for me, but I would be very grateful if anyone could help me understand what is and what should be going on with the circuit. Perhaps some kind of basic walk-through or even just some tips on where to focus my attention.

Thanks in advance!

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

This might be a bust....

I tried to build JohnK's version twice...No go.

I'm gonna try when I have some free time to redo the layout. And double triple check.
Skyline FX 2013

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

Hmm. i've built 3 of them using that layout and all of them work perfect. here's my latest one:
Attachments
00Funk-02.jpg
00Funk-01.jpg

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

IT WAS ME!! :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
Skyline FX 2013

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

chicago_mike wrote:IT WAS ME!! :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
so it works now?

Paul_5
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Paul_5 »

you know, if you use a 4PDT switch for the sweep direction you can switch between two independent pots for pitch - makes it easier than monkeying around on a gig...
The sounds in my head don't match the sounds from my amp, I guess that's why I'm here...

Paul_5
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Paul_5 »

Is it ok to substitute the LM324 with another TL074? I'm not terribly au fait with opamps, so any advice is gratefully received.
The sounds in my head don't match the sounds from my amp, I guess that's why I'm here...