Chunk Systems - Agent 00FUNK!  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

Your a legend madbean you do a damn good job at your layouts really nice

seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

Hey madbean in your pdf is it the layout or the schematic thats not verified or both? Just so i know where to start.

seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

Has anyone built this pedal or verified it yet. Would be nice to know it is working before i go through the pain of finding out it is not this thread has been here a while

seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

Is anyone alive out there or because this is a bass pedal no one has any interest in it. To many guitarist out there. If someone has built a unit from this schematic please let me know

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

seedseed wrote:Is anyone alive out there or because this is a bass pedal no one has any interest in it. To many guitarist out there. If someone has built a unit from this schematic please let me know
Whenever I build and verify a layout I've found on this website, I always post to say it is verified: We could maybe assume that most people who post here are the same.

I would suggest a) No-one has got around to making it, or b) Many people have tried and failed but they are not bothering to post their problems here (unlikely), or c) Someone has made it work, but has not bothered to share their success here (also unlikely).

Since someone has to be the person to verify it, maybe it could be you? Check the layout very carefully against the schematic, and if you're confident it's good, why not go for it?
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

Thanks for the response i think i will have a go of it i don't know how to use the computer vero layout software i usually draw a vero layout on paper then build it but i will let everyone know how i go. Could be a horrible failure may work. I am confident in my building skills was just hoping that someone had endured the pain first. But time i took one for the team so here go's Will post after build is done. Thanks

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

vero? cool! i love vero: i just assumed you were planning to etch madbean's layout and were asking if anyone could verify that. i've done quite few vero layouts, but only for fuzzes and big muffs and the like, never anything like this. i'd suggest you breadboard it first to double check yourself the schem you are working from is good.

i'm still interested in this beast, but have been a little short of time recently. however, the school holidays start next friday so i'll have a bit more time, so i'll order the parts and have a go breadboarding it and try my luck at a vero and we'll compare notes.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

seedseed
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by seedseed »

well i tried the schematic out checked it twice i can't get it to work. I put a audio probe on it and the 100k input resistor to pin 3 of the lm13700 seems to drop a hell of a lot. I can't see how this seems to be giving enough signal. although the previous stage has a gain of 4.75 so it isn't that much. i had a look at a few other envelope filter's such as the snow white and what other ones i could find. something has not been traced correctly in that schematic. I had a close look at the pic's but i can't pick up enough of the colours and stuff through the pic to work it out. I wish i had the unit with me then i could have a decent look at where things are going wrong. Any ideas please fill me in.

pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg SVT
Completed builds: pedals with pots switches and everything

Post by pedalgrinder »

anyone got any further on this one??????
What's the best thing about fat chicks and scooters? There both fun to ride around until your mates find out!

Stompmodder
Information

Post by Stompmodder »

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out why my project don't work. I've use the pcb from Madbeanpedals's
junk trunk. I want to know if somebody try to build this project.

Thanks,

Stompmodder

pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by pedalgrinder »

yeah i tried this schematic also and you will also notice that madbean stated that layout was not verified. I don't think the schematic is correct. Unfortunately my knowledge in envelope filters is ok but not enough to work out where it is wrong but i definately know it is wrong. The only other way is to find someone willing to pull theres open to verify.
What's the best thing about fat chicks and scooters? There both fun to ride around until your mates find out!

hellinoo
Information

Post by hellinoo »

Ok. I'm trying to make this effect work (it's a shame to let all this go to waist).
But I need some help. I'm gonna try to make a scheme of my own from the pictures avaliable (yes, I'm crazy). They are ok, but I need higher quality pictures (and without glare). Otherwise it will take me longer to produce a reliable schematic.
I would also be gratefull for some pictures of the work that you have already tried and a brief description of what went wrong or what you think went wrong.
Thanks for the help.

Already working on it.

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

I will take a guess and say that madbean will be chiming back in on this thread any day now. :wink:

:secret:
Skyline FX 2013

hellinoo
Information

Post by hellinoo »

I have given up trying to make a schematic of my own. It would take enormous amount of time to do so (because of the low quality pictures). I'm trying to make a PCB layout instead. I hope this works out.
I will post results once I'm finished.

Too bad there's no one who has this effect and is willing to take hi-res photos.

pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by pedalgrinder »

yeah great great pedal for both guitar and bass i hit the same brick wall you did. Calling madbean calling madbean your the only one i can think of that could this one off the ground. But resources of high res pics as you say are also short. This is one i've been wanting for a long time. Cool cool pedal

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

There are a couple of mistakes in the schematic re-draw I did. I also did a new, smaller layout for it. I've got it mostly working but one of the switch positions is not functioning (down pos. I think), and I have not figured out why yet.

Here is the corrected schematic. IIRC, I had a couple of pots oriented incorrectly in the older one, and I believe the UP/DWN switch was reversed. I hesitate to post the newer layout until I can work out the bug in it. I can spend some more time on it this week, though. I'd really like to put this one to bed.

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Just to give you all an idea of the revised layout. This one still requires a 1590BB, but in the vertical orientation which is much better! Lotta jumpers. OTA-based stuff is a real bitch to do layouts for, I find. Something about the pin assignments just makes it hard to route things efficiently.

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

Looking good!!!
Skyline FX 2013

pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by pedalgrinder »

yes very nice indeed madbean when i built this one from the first schematic on here all thing did was sit there and oscillate. It had me totally stuffed and baffeled as to why. I gave up in the end and in got a nice place in the bin. could've been a something i wired up wrong to on the other hand. but yeah most projects i get going but that got me.

hellinoo
Information

Post by hellinoo »

Ok I have a schematic written on paper. I used the original schematic and traced the unit only with the pictures provided. The original schematic appears to be correct. Except for small changes in the values of resistors (I'm not sure because of the bad quality pictures). Especialy R4,R10,R6,R9. I've might have missed something so I'm going to double chceck it. I'm also using schematics of other effects as some sort of guidline. When I'll tripple chceck the schematic, I'm gonna try it on a testboard. If it works I'll build it and post vertified schematics and layouts here (+ some optional mods of mine that came to my mind today). Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

I also found these two pictures. Helped me a lot.
FRONT
BACK