Fulltone - OCD  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

Postby Manfred » 16 Nov 2018, 08:57

gsb wrote:Hi,
Here some pictures ,all SMD.Q1 transistor is marked with MX. I have played one more time -pedal works fine all controls are fine ,no led .I have check voltages on q1 . Measured voltage about 9,06v pin2 -S,8,6v on pin 3 -D and 9,06 on pin 1 G. Voltages are equal in off and on mode!! I think it must be Q1 ?
gsb

Or perhaps the connection to the switch.
Could you please trace the switching circuit?
Manfred
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 600 times

Postby gsb » 20 Nov 2018, 20:39

hi,
I dont work usualy with SMD ,Friend need the drive ,i have disabled q1 and put bs250 in and shorted the legs .Now led is working .I hate fu....g SMD.Sorry i cant trace this build.Pedal is working very good .
thanks for help
gsb
gsb

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby Manfred » 20 Nov 2018, 21:10

gsb wrote:hi,
I dont work usualy with SMD ,Friend need the drive ,i have disabled q1 and put bs250 in and shorted the legs .Now led is working .I hate fu....g SMD.Sorry i cant trace this build.Pedal is working very good .
thanks for help
gsb

The main thing is, the LED is working again.
I agree with you in SMDs.
Manfred
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 600 times

The Fulltone Custom Shop CS-OCD-Ge

Postby x-tn » 21 Jun 2019, 19:33

https://www.fulltone.com/products/custom-shop-cs-ocd-ge

"The earliest OCDs used 2 x Mosfets plus 1 x Germanium diode, but very quickly these diodes became harder and harder to find, and they became expensive.

Recently I stumbled across a reasonably large stash of the right kind of Germanium diodes so I ponied-up and bought all of them. I then decided to do a small run of the ultimate OCD: a Custom Shop offering with a few circuit tweaks, 2 x Mosfets plus 2 x Germanium diodes...

The sound? Great definition, more tube-like feel, a bit wider dynamic range, more sustain, and a more focused single-note tone."
x-tn

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby caspercody » 21 Jun 2019, 20:07

So do they have a GE per MOSFET for the clipping? With orientation opposite of each other?
caspercody
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 47 times

Re: The Fulltone Custom Shop CS-OCD-Ge

Postby Cigla tel. » 21 Jun 2019, 22:02

x-tn wrote:https://www.fulltone.com/products/custom-shop-cs-ocd-ge

"The earliest OCDs used 2 x Mosfets plus 1 x Germanium diode, ....................

The sound? Great definition, more tube-like feel, a bit wider dynamic range, more sustain, and a more focused single-note tone."

Do you believe in these fairy tales? :lol:

The title talks everything: "COMING SOON!.. The Fulltone Custom Shop CS-OCD-Ge."!

IN TRANSLATION: "It's time to fooling the fool"!!!

:lol:
Cigla tel.

Have thanks: 3 times

Previous

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...