Barber Electronics - Dirty Bomb [gut shots + schematic]  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

The layout I posted goes along with the original DB, if you read the entire post you will see :wink: There is a 91 ohm resistor at the junction of R16 and C16...

Look in the bottom right corner under the 82n cap - White, brown, black = 91 ohm
https://www.freestompboxes.org/download/ ... &mode=view

original schematic
https://www.freestompboxes.org/download/ ... &mode=view

As for the LED pads that's pretty simple to figure out, I thought? :scratch:

Edit: ah, now I see you were questioning the placement of the 91 ohm and not it's existence in the mix... my bad :roll:

darkbluemurder
Information

Post by darkbluemurder »

Hi,

I have an original DB which I bought used. Like it but I have to keep the treble control down at 9.00 - everything above that is too fizzy for my set up.

I have read about a "cap mod" for this pedal but could not find any details except that it involves a 2n2 cap.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stephan

darkbluemurder
Information

Post by darkbluemurder »

Got the answer - it's a cap across the volume pot.

darkbluemurder
Information

Post by darkbluemurder »

I did another variation of the cap mod. I used a 0.0033uf cap in series with a 22k resistor across the volume pot, which is in essence the Rectifier presence control but turned down completely. Like it so far - takes a bit of the fizz off without neutering the tone.

Since the presence pot in the rectifier is a 25k linear pot, you can choose anything up to 47k to be in that range - or add a small trimmer.

Cheers Stephan