Monolith Fuzz Oracle

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Quietus
Information

Post by Quietus »

hi, i just did a vero layout according to the latest schematic which lead2203 posted. i'm a newbie and this is only my 2nd personal attempt at producing a layout, and i believe my wiring for the switch is wrong :oops: would be great if anyone could kindly take a look at my layout. :P thanks!

lead2203
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lead2203 »

Quietus wrote:hi, i just did a vero layout according to the latest schematic which lead2203 posted. i'm a newbie and this is only my 2nd personal attempt at producing a layout, and i believe my wiring for the switch is wrong :oops: would be great if anyone could kindly take a look at my layout. :P thanks!

r7 is 68k also
This looks like its putting DC on the output?
Attachments
Monolith-Oracle-Schematic.gif

lead2203
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lead2203 »

lead2203 wrote:
Quietus wrote:hi, i just did a vero layout according to the latest schematic which lead2203 posted. i'm a newbie and this is only my 2nd personal attempt at producing a layout, and i believe my wiring for the switch is wrong :oops: would be great if anyone could kindly take a look at my layout. :P thanks!

r7 is 68k also
This looks like its putting DC on the output?
It also looks like the pushpull pot is a dual pot and the 12k is connected to the middle lug of the B side and the blue wire to the A side outer lug and I think I see a cap to block the DC...on that switch......tho....my eyes are not that good these days :lol:

lasermonkey
Information

Post by lasermonkey »

I had a look at some YouTube vids to compare the sound of my build with the real thing and I'm very happy with how it turned out. One of the vids made mention that the push/pull pot operated a tone bypass.
You must have better eyes than me, I was really struggling to make out any of those resistor values!

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

This is now verified:

"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

I've just designed my first eagle layout, how can I share the .brd and .sch files with everyone here so they can try it out if they want. all axial capacitors :D
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.