Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby spiffy chap » 04 Feb 2010, 21:44

miwanone wrote:I can post eagle files on request, I've got some sound samples here! It's clean, clone, original.

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/index.php/f ... eeza_1.mp3
http://www.gitaar.net/forum/index.php/f ... eeza_2.mp3
http://www.gitaar.net/forum/index.php/f ... eeza_3.mp3

No volume problems at all, works like a charm. Here's my build, next to an original:

Image

*edit* just so you know, all of the samples were recorded using a fender strat, into a hotrod deluxe. 8)




Can you post these? Great!
spiffy chap
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 10:46
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby voland83 » 18 Feb 2010, 18:35

Another reeza done, sound is nice. I still dont know what is the diffirence beetween 4069 and 75hct04, i suppose that second ic provides harder clipping as 74hc04 is hi speed cmos inverter. I use analog key and flip flop as a bypass rather than dpdt switch, as opposed to DPDT analog key has resistance about 100 Ohm which in my opinion is meaningless. excuse my english. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
voland83
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 14:08
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby miwanone » 19 Feb 2010, 14:19

Nice build!

I attached my eagle files, for anyone interested. Not the best pcb I've done, but it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author miwanone has received thanks: 4
bblindstormm (08 Jun 2011, 20:08), ggedamed (01 Jan 2011, 18:55), pinkjimiphoton (11 Jul 2011, 21:05), Swamp (03 Sep 2012, 12:15)
miwanone
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 01:23
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 4 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby botti1988 » 21 Feb 2010, 13:47

thank you for your work!
anyone has tried to insert an output buffer and make the pedal true bypass?

results?

thanks and sorry for my english :mrgreen:

For this message the author botti1988 has received thanks:
culturejam (02 Feb 2011, 21:42)
botti1988
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Feb 2010, 12:28
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby voland83 » 24 Feb 2010, 14:43

actualy a real true bypass depend on a non buffered signal, which means you have a direct connection beetwen guitar and amp, when you insert buffer it becomes a no true bypassed effect. besides this effect has buffered bypass and in my opinion it is better because this kind of solution eliminates a bad influence of capacity of shielded cable ( if its too long ), and sound is more crystal than moody.
User avatar
voland83
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 14:08
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby Xide88 » 07 Mar 2010, 00:29

Need help!!! i have built one, it works, but in some ways:

- when tone control is set to more or equal than 55-60 percents
- when bias control is set to 40-45 percents

It is produce buzzing hum, something like sound of bees, and problem is not in adapter :(

When it buzzes, i changed controls of drive and volume, but hum is becoming more silent :x

What the reason of this? :scratch:

I use this layout to built pedal, i am not newbie in making pedals :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xide88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 20:42
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby mictester » 07 Mar 2010, 12:07

Xide88 wrote:Need help!!! i have built one, it works, but in some ways:

- when tone control is set to more or equal than 55-60 percents
- when bias control is set to 40-45 percents

It is produce buzzing hum, something like sound of bees, and problem is not in adapter :(

When it buzzes, i changed controls of drive and volume, but hum is becoming more silent :x

What the reason of this? :scratch:

I use this layout to built pedal, i am not newbie in making pedals :D


That's a pretty layout, but it's very poor electronically. :cry: It's too crammed. You've got several high gain stages, and there will be interaction between them because the components are so close. :idea: Take all the parts off the board, throw the board away, and design a new, bigger one, with more spaces between the stages. The original Emma board is MUCH bigger - and now you can see why.
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"
User avatar
mictester
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 2860
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 21:29
Location: In the hills of North London
Has thanked: 32 times
Have thanks: 766 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby Xide88 » 07 Mar 2010, 14:45

mictester wrote:
Xide88 wrote:Need help!!! i have built one, it works, but in some ways:

- when tone control is set to more or equal than 55-60 percents
- when bias control is set to 40-45 percents

It is produce buzzing hum, something like sound of bees, and problem is not in adapter :(

When it buzzes, i changed controls of drive and volume, but hum is becoming more silent :x

What the reason of this? :scratch:

I use this layout to built pedal, i am not newbie in making pedals :D


That's a pretty layout, but it's very poor electronically. :cry: It's too crammed. You've got several high gain stages, and there will be interaction between them because the components are so close. :idea: Take all the parts off the board, throw the board away, and design a new, bigger one, with more spaces between the stages. The original Emma board is MUCH bigger - and now you can see why.


Oooooohhhhhhhhh :( i am depressed((((

Thanks a lot for the answer!!!! :D I will make another one!))
Xide88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 20:42
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby distortion_gfx1 » 11 Mar 2010, 04:34

Xide88 wrote:Need help!!! i have built one, it works, but in some ways:

- when tone control is set to more or equal than 55-60 percents
- when bias control is set to 40-45 percents

It is produce buzzing hum, something like sound of bees, and problem is not in adapter :(

When it buzzes, i changed controls of drive and volume, but hum is becoming more silent :x

What the reason of this? :scratch:

I use this layout to built pedal, i am not newbie in making pedals :D



I used the same layout.. it works just fine!
I only got Humming sound when i set the drive pot max.. (well i guess it is normal coz its a dirt pedal) and the thing that bothers me is the Bias knob.. it hums when i set it to zero! (dont know why.. :scratch: )
distortion_gfx1
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 06 May 2009, 15:02
Has thanked: 33 times
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby extremist » 17 Apr 2010, 14:07

Hello! I've got a question regarding the schematic: are LEVEL and BIAS pots connected correctly there? Looks like they are flipped by 180 degrees (comapred to guts shots on the first page). Am i right or it's just doesn't matter for B pots?
extremist
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 23:01
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby chi_boy » 22 Dec 2010, 06:23

mictester wrote:That's a pretty layout, but it's very poor electronically. :cry: It's too crammed. You've got several high gain stages, and there will be interaction between them because the components are so close. :idea: Take all the parts off the board, throw the board away, and design a new, bigger one, with more spaces between the stages. The original Emma board is MUCH bigger - and now you can see why.


Sorry for bringing back such an old thread.

I'm trying to learn Eagle and thought I would try the Reeza just for kicks. I saw this post and I'm concerned my board may be too cramped, as was suggested about the other layout. Anyone care to offer any comments?

For the record, this is based on miwanone's schematic work.

This isn't verified yet either.

Thanks,
G

Image
chi_boy
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 03:54
Has thanked: 26 times
Have thanks: 13 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby thn.technik » 31 Jan 2011, 21:46

some tone mod for Reeza, bass and mid control
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thn.technik
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:28
Location: Radom, Poland
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 42 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby distortion_gfx1 » 02 Feb 2011, 02:54

chi_boy wrote:
mictester wrote:That's a pretty layout, but it's very poor electronically. :cry: It's too crammed. You've got several high gain stages, and there will be interaction between them because the components are so close. :idea: Take all the parts off the board, throw the board away, and design a new, bigger one, with more spaces between the stages. The original Emma board is MUCH bigger - and now you can see why.


Sorry for bringing back such an old thread.

I'm trying to learn Eagle and thought I would try the Reeza just for kicks. I saw this post and I'm concerned my board may be too cramped, as was suggested about the other layout. Anyone care to offer any comments?

For the record, this is based on miwanone's schematic work.

This isn't verified yet either.

Thanks,
G

Image



Great! this would fit a regular BB size Taiwanese enclosure..
distortion_gfx1
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 06 May 2009, 15:02
Has thanked: 33 times
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby thn.technik » 02 Feb 2011, 20:55

small improve for tone modification, BASS and MID control,

in middle positions original tone characteristic, enjoy :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author thn.technik has received thanks:
euronymous0001 (15 May 2011, 11:58)
thn.technik
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:28
Location: Radom, Poland
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 42 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby Barcode » 02 Feb 2011, 21:36

chi_boy wrote:
mictester wrote:That's a pretty layout, but it's very poor electronically. :cry: It's too crammed. You've got several high gain stages, and there will be interaction between them because the components are so close. :idea: Take all the parts off the board, throw the board away, and design a new, bigger one, with more spaces between the stages. The original Emma board is MUCH bigger - and now you can see why.


Sorry for bringing back such an old thread.

I'm trying to learn Eagle and thought I would try the Reeza just for kicks. I saw this post and I'm concerned my board may be too cramped, as was suggested about the other layout. Anyone care to offer any comments?

For the record, this is based on miwanone's schematic work.

This isn't verified yet either.

Thanks,
G

Image


I would just build your layout and see if you notice any noise issues. Mictester is a bit deranged when it comes to layout. There are very few cases where layout makes significant impact in the realm of 9V stompboxes (though it does happen, for example in super high gain circuits like the dr. boogie). Build it first, if it works and there isn't any excessive noise, you are golden.
User avatar
Barcode
Diode Debunker
 
Posts: 820
Joined: 27 Sep 2007, 18:03
Has thanked: 14 times
Have thanks: 34 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby thn.technik » 05 Feb 2011, 10:31

This is my final version of Reeza, with tone modification, middle and bass control added, it's working perfect :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author thn.technik has received thanks: 6
Belanger88 (28 Feb 2017, 00:38), iñigo montoya (05 Feb 2011, 10:36), quarara (05 Feb 2011, 10:38), Quietus (06 Mar 2011, 09:41), Shawnee (05 May 2011, 12:12), TubeHugger (28 Nov 2013, 07:53)
thn.technik
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:28
Location: Radom, Poland
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 42 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby thn.technik » 05 Feb 2011, 14:29

sorry for "post by post" but: Where is "EDIT" button ??? I can't find it :D

here was small not correct route (to close):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author thn.technik has received thanks: 2
iñigo montoya (05 Feb 2011, 15:47), theItalianDiYer (25 May 2011, 14:34)
thn.technik
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:28
Location: Radom, Poland
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 42 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby thn.technik » 05 Mar 2011, 10:22

My Reeza ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author thn.technik has received thanks: 3
Nicht Bernd (12 May 2011, 09:22), overplay (02 May 2011, 10:23), Zokk (23 Dec 2011, 02:03)
thn.technik
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:28
Location: Radom, Poland
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 42 times

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby ballfire » 04 May 2011, 06:53

hello

is there an existing schematic of Emma - Reezafratzitz II ?
ballfire
Solder Soldier
 
Posts: 215
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 06:37
Has thanked: 6 times
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Emma - Reezafratzitz [ goop-alarm ]

Postby Grendahl » 11 May 2011, 16:21

ballfire wrote:hello

is there an existing schematic of Emma - Reezafratzitz II ?



Go back a page?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=670&start=120#p131323
Resistance is futile...
( if < 1 ohm )
User avatar
Grendahl
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 254
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 19:53
Location: MN, USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Have thanks: 6 times

PreviousNext

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zaphod777 and 3 guests