Moolon - switching system

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
DWBH
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by DWBH »

http://www.moollon.com/product/product_cshop01_e.asp
I saw this the other day and the thing that struck me most was the switching system.
I really liked it.
How can you do that, diy-speaking?
I went to GEO, but found nothing.

nelson
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nelson »

It isn't that simple. The way the blurb is worded the master switch also selects one or the other pedal. I suspect the blurb is deceivingly worded and it is as you described. Either that or when one of the pedals is on it controls a switching relay. Should be fairly simple to work out. You could switch the relay with the LED power of the effects and have the relay also controlled by the master switch. When both pedals are on the master switch just functions as a bypass via the relay.

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

There's an article on GEO that shows how to do multiple effects in one box. I would assume it could apply to this situation.

dave_b
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dave_b »

I suppose the switches could be momentary. If the Dist and O/D switches each pulsed a flip flop, you could then have the master switch pulse both flip flops, reversing their state.

nelson
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nelson »

dave_b wrote:I suppose the switches could be momentary. If the Dist and O/D switches each pulsed a flip flop, you could then have the master switch pulse both flip flops, reversing their state.

And that would be a simpler elegant solution compared to mine. :)

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

Triggered RS monostables. Forest Mimms showed how to do this with a few bjt's and diodes. Not clever at all really.