Toneczar - Openhaus  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

MANY THANKS FROM ME TOO madbean!
:applause:
:thumbsup
:D

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Thanks abfackeln for your work, and you Madbean for this great looking layout man :*

RonaldB
Information

Post by RonaldB »

Where you at?
I was gonna put together a Mouser or Allied order next week but I'm in the US.

I'm so sick of this robbery they disguise as shipping charges.
Iám in the Netherlands, and i want the mosfets but also the 2N1306 and the OPA2604.
So maybe we can do the buy together and you send me the parts to the Netherlands? PM me.

Thanks Madbean for the layout Andre just made the PCB for me :D

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

RonaldB wrote:
Where you at?
I was gonna put together a Mouser or Allied order next week but I'm in the US.

I'm so sick of this robbery they disguise as shipping charges.
Iám in the Netherlands, and i want the mosfets but also the 2N1306 and the OPA2604.
So maybe we can do the buy together and you send me the parts to the Netherlands? PM me.

Thanks Madbean for the layout Andre just made the PCB for me :D
Hi,

how about that: http://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/index.php/ or http://www.musikding.de/index.php ? Should carry all you need and shoul be easier to order. Netherlands and Germany are not that far away.;)

Cheers
Helge

RonaldB
Information

Post by RonaldB »

Hi,

how about that: http://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/index.php/ or http://www.musikding.de/index.php ? Should carry all you need and shoul be easier to order. Netherlands and Germany are not that far away.

Cheers
Helge
Hi,
I allready looked at these sites as i order most of my parts here but the don't have the 2N1306 :D
And as i quoted before the LND150N3 are the problem with mouser.

regards
Ronald

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

Don't limit yourself that much. Just take any other Ge-Tranie they offer. In the end it shouldn't sound that different. But that's just my 2 Cents. If you wanna spend that extra money on shipping fees go on. :roll: ;)

RonaldB
Information

Post by RonaldB »

He Head,
I think your right, I ill look ad the sites one more time and come back with the results.

thanks
Ronald

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

Has anyone besides abfack actually built one of these? :scratch:

Seems like the builder himself was concerned with instant doom after the schematic came out, but I'm thinking there is only one clone at the moment.

Whoismarykelly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Whoismarykelly »

culturejam wrote:Has anyone besides abfack actually built one of these? :scratch:

Seems like the builder himself was concerned with instant doom after the schematic came out, but I'm thinking there is only one clone at the moment.
Its a much larger undertaking than building a tube screamer clone so that will probably limit the number of builds quite a bit. Especially with the germanium transistors and few other funky parts.

RonaldB
Information

Post by RonaldB »

Well i'm building one for sure.
Give me a couple off weeks and it's done, Madbean made a great PCB so that will not be the problem.
But yes the parts will be the hard part.

I'll keep you all updated.

Ronald

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

Whoismarykelly wrote:Its a much larger undertaking than building a tube screamer clone so that will probably limit the number of builds quite a bit.
I'll be totally honest here. I've built a ton of pedals, ranging from simple to pretty complicated, and I have ZERO interest in building this one. Too damn many parts. :lol:

As the the build complexity increases and the parts count skyrockets, my desire to build any given project declines in inverse proportion. Call me lazy. :mrgreen:

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

culturejam wrote:
Whoismarykelly wrote:Its a much larger undertaking than building a tube screamer clone so that will probably limit the number of builds quite a bit.
I'll be totally honest here. I've built a ton of pedals, ranging from simple to pretty complicated, and I have ZERO interest in building this one. Too damn many parts. :lol:

As the the build complexity increases and the parts count skyrockets, my desire to build any given project declines in inverse proportion. Call me lazy. :mrgreen:
I completely agree. I'm way more into the idea of a great OD with as FEW parts as possible :)

Whoismarykelly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Whoismarykelly »

culturejam wrote:

Same. I have built a lot of damn complicated things and am about to start building a SLO that probably has fewer parts on the board than this pedal. The Openhaus I had was very cool sounding though. Who would have guessed that Ed had dropped a fuzz face variation right into the middle of his metal machine :shock:

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

culturejam wrote: I'll be totally honest here. I've built a ton of pedals, ranging from simple to pretty complicated, and I have ZERO interest in building this one. Too damn many parts. :lol:

:applause:
+1!
:thumbsup
:D

plugzzzz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by plugzzzz »

RonaldB wrote:Hello,
Great project and thanks for all the effort.
Can someone please help me getting the LND150N3 easy. I checked Mouser but shipping costs for 4 off these cost me $20 :shock:

Maybe there is an other way?

thanks
Ronald
+1

any other option where i can get this shipping cost is sick

robjrussell
Information

Post by robjrussell »

hey guys - i actually signed up for the board because of this thread! :applause:

over the last week or so emailing with ed - he's basically told me that i can't get on the openhaus list.
because i'm satisfied with my okko dominator.

which is a huge bummer because i've heard so much awesome praise of it.

i have used a soldering iron twice - and both times were pretty fugly.

i'm assuming this is an impossible build for someone with NO circuit or anything pedal construction oriented history. am i right?
is there someone who'd be willing to give me absolute tutorial babying to the max to work on this?

or - is there someone who's willing to build one for me? (hopefully that request doesn't break any rules) i just don't know what to do other than wait in the shadows hopeing a used one shows up somewhere.

thanks for your input

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

robjrussell wrote: over the last week or so emailing with ed - he's basically told me that i can't get on the openhaus list. because i'm satisfied with my okko dominator.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: interesting business practice: "Sorry, but you can´t buy this Tubescreamer because you are satisfied with your Big Muff Pi. No, and this Marshall Amp you can´t get too, because you already have a Fender...."

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

oldgravity
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by oldgravity »

robjrussell wrote: over the last week or so emailing with ed - he's basically told me that i can't get on the openhaus list.
because i'm satisfied with my okko dominator.
Wait, whaaaat? Am I reading this right? He won't sell you his pedal because you have another distortion pedal that you like?
:scratch:

robjrussell
Information

Post by robjrussell »

that is exactly what happened. i have the emails sitting in my inbox.. i thought it was absolutely insane. he also won't let me on the dove list because i am happy with my tim & timmy.. no joke

here's a copy of the last email i sent him.
as background - i was asking him about a demo that some guy did on tgp.. he messaged back saying that he bought the pedal used & flipped it for money.. so i should talk to him about what he didn't like about the pedal - and get info from HIM!?

"hi ed

i actually don't post on the gear page - just found that demo in my searching of dove info online (which there is actually not a lot of!)

regardless of what ryan did or didn't do - the tim/timmy & your pedals are absolutely 100% different overdrives. no?
some people love timmy, some don't. yet i have not heard a single bad thing about the dove - other than the wait times.
everyone has said their $$ was worth it.
I would love to get on the wait-list to purchase one of your pedals of stellar reputation.

let me know
Rob"

to no avail
Last edited by robjrussell on 28 Apr 2010, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.

robjrussell
Information

Post by robjrussell »

edited - i am not wanting to talk bad about ed or toneczar effects.. just saying how bummed i am i can't purchase from him