dam fuzzes-meathead

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
polarbearfx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by polarbearfx »

boy this guy loves these vintage trannies. His builds look great.

check out this link to some older ones he built. Lots of killer old school trans
http://dam.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=491

I had a gutshot of the meathead, its a 1 knob fuzz. Its killer, I would love to know what exactly is going on inside.

briggs
Tube Twister
Information
my favorite amplifier: Briggs Custom Suprono
Completed builds: Too many to still class myself as sane....

Post by briggs »

http://www.toneblue.com/effects/060707_dam_meathead.htm

There is another gutshot for you. Looks like a silicon fuzz face to me 8)

I am Klon.

polarbearfx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by polarbearfx »

it looks a bit simplified over a regular fuzzface and some of the components look to be different values. I am not a fuzzface fanatic so I don't know the differences exactly but at a glance it looks slightly different.

snail
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by snail »

http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/axisface.php

if you take this one less the pre gain pot, diode and power suply filter the part count is right!
regular FF plus one small cap to smooth out Q2 and another mid valued cap across the b+ line.

wonder what trannies are in there, or what sort of gain he is working with.

cheers

snail

polarbearfx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by polarbearfx »

check out this gutshot this is the 66, what does this look like can anyone give a perf layout of this or do you need to see the back? I want to build this sucker. the clips sound amazing.

JHS
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by JHS »

For me the 66 looks like a VOX TB Mk1.5 clone, schems and perf layouts can be found on the web via GOOGLE.

JHS

snail
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by snail »

JHS wrote:For me the 66 looks like a VOX TB Mk1.5 clone, schems and perf layouts can be found on the web via GOOGLE.

JHS
I'd say the same. I quite like this pedal (my vox clone I mean). FF Style but way less bass and woofyness, IN cap from 2,2u to 150nf, fuzz cap from 22uf to 15uf, then 820r to limit fuzz to ground and the feedback resistor is also changed, to more or less I can't remember!
DAM aparently uses the original trannies, but what the hell, let's be creative :lol:
The oc76 is far hotter then the stf... try invert things, use same gains, etc... it all yelds nice results!
I like to trimpot both Qs to do that. Q1 likes to be less than 1v to be fuzzy, 1,5v gives a nice overdrivish sound depending how u set Q2!
At least that's what i got back home!

cheers

snail