Banzai - Fireball II

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Koltun
Information

Post by Koltun »

Some gut shots, good sounding but ... many cold solder joint. Olaf is not nice vendor, it does not answer on mails notorious. We waited on package over 4 months.

http://el-kfa.net/~bartekbas/banzaii/

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Hi Koltun,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the shots. Never ordered Banzaipedals, but did order components there and never had a problem

I see a TL072 here, but else it's still too early for me.. :D
Could you describe the effect and what it does?

modman
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Koltun
Information

Post by Koltun »

modman wrote:Hi Koltun,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the shots. Never ordered Banzaipedals, but did order components there and never had a problem
I ordered also part and similar problems were.
modman wrote: I see a TL072 here, but else it's still too early for me.. :D
This is TL072CP.

modman wrote: Could you describe the effect and what it does?

modman

Very good sounding OD. TS clone with many mods. Added boost function, several options of clipping diode, Vr is filtered and stabilized (7805)
Sound is fattest than TS. Very quiet - no hum. From our collection (MXR zakk wylde, TS9, Expandora, and many more that we testing) best thing for solo parties.
For rhythm we prefer clean channel of amp (Hiwatt Custom 100 and Hiwatt Gilmour Signature) sometime with added TS.

Fireball is switched to "lift diode" mode.

daz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by daz »

I had a fireball II and I was suprised I really couldn't get a decent sound out of it. To me the clipping was really harsh, and the overdrive quite fuzzy and farty. Maybe it was the rig I was using at the time (G&L & a fender twin) but was quite dissapointed and didn't understand all the rave reviews???