Sirkut Electronics

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

A came across a Sirkut Ring modulator on ebay: it looked like this:

And we know that if there is a review on Harmony Central, that the pedal really exists, no :wink: ?
The Sirkut Electornics R-MOD is not your standard, run-of-the-mill ring modulation effect. Part of the fun is figuring out how to tame the carrier wave bleedthrough. (...) This pedal was designed for one thing ... pure unadulterated noise. It constantly self-oscillates at whatever pitch setting is chosen and can transform a guitar signal into a cloud of shearing shrapnel with the onboard distortion engaged.
There is a Sirkut.com but all it says is
# All items are now available only through noisefx.com I've been pretty busy which explains why this website hasn't been updated. I'll be providing information about all the items that are coming out. I've introduced a few new items such as the Carpet Burn(distortion) and the Triplet (another oscillator) to the lineup. A new batch with these new items will be at noisefx in the very close future (in November 2006) so stay tuned.
# Update 12/05/06
The WNG2 will be sent to Noisefx later this week. It's the same WNG (White Noise Generator) as before except it will now have a White/Pink noise selector switch along with a filter knob so you can create even lower end or crackily highs. I'll post a photo online later in the week.

noisefx.com has a promising url, but I'm dissapointed to say there is no WNG with pink noise switch in their inventory.

:cry:

Any noise freaks around?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Looks to me like startup booteeker that never got anywhere with it.

That NoiseFX site is rather disappointing..... no weird noise boxes at all except for that silly Glitch Computer thing.

pedalnut
Information

Post by pedalnut »

i have one too, bought it off ebay some time ago.not working at all.
schematic anyone?should i ty to get some pictures?

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

pictures would be fine to trace a schematic...maybe you can fix yours....

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

maybe some background can be gotten here:

Name: sirkut
Position: member2
Date Registered: 20-08-2003, 22:44:19
Last Active: 25-08-2004, 07:46:10

didn't read through all his messages, but maybe this:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/ ... #msg117310
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal