Build Your Own PC Recording Studio - Book

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Hi, some of you may like this book!
Enjoy!
:D

http://www.freebookspot.in/Comments.asp ... t_ID=58094

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Thanks for that SPeter,that looks like an interesting read,downloading it now.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

+1 :thumbsup

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Just had a quick read of this book,it has some nice juicy info about building a PC in it,also info about formatting hard drives and installing the OS,I recommend that everyone here that wants to record music,download a copy of this book,even the ones who are looking for info about maintaining their computers too.... :)

I'm just wondering if I should post the PDF document here?,since I already have it unzipped,that could save people from having to download the Rar file..... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

The PDF file size is 64,608 kb..... :)

Maybe that might be too big to post?..... :)

jb351
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor
Completed builds: lots

Post by jb351 »

Thanks for this.

Grendahl
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Grendahl »

DrNomis wrote:I'm just wondering if I should post the PDF document here?,since I already have it unzipped,that could save people from having to download the Rar file..... :)
I'd suggest steering away from doing so, to avoid a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) notice. It's generally safe to post links to copyrighted materials, but is definitely not safe to post the materials here directly.
Resistance is futile...
( if < 1 ohm )

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

I've got a smaller version of this book that's only about 17meg, and RARs to 9meg.
I can upload that somewhere if anyone's interested.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

jrod
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jrod »

Thanks for the link! :thumbsup

I am in the process of putting together a recording set up for demos. This will help!

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Okay,thanks for that Grendahl.... :)

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Thank you.

DeanM
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall VM 2466

Post by DeanM »

sPeter, you've been posting a lot of cool book links! will download this soon. altho i already built a computer about 6 months ago!

DeanM
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall VM 2466

Post by DeanM »

Grendahl wrote:Resistance is futile...
( if < 1 ohm ).
lol funny sig! i thought it was meant to be in computer programmin at first! lol

if (Ohms < 1)
{
Resistance = Futile;
}

Grendahl
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Grendahl »

Dean,

I think I like your version better!

(I just finished writing a T_SQL program to output alerts from a SPC database... what a beast that was!)
Resistance is futile...
( if < 1 ohm )

minnow
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by minnow »

I thought it was a spin from the phrase "resistance is futile" from Star Trek...

Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Hides-His-Eyes »

Code: Select all

You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Testing, testing, won too fwee

minnow
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by minnow »

Hides-His-Eyes wrote:

Code: Select all

You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

I love those little animated emoticons.... :)

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

It seems to be available from that website for some time already, so until it gets deleted there, better to use those servers.
thanks still, but 2003 computers are a bit outdated by now. :mrgreen:
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

modman wrote:It seems to be available from that website for some time already, so until it gets deleted there, better to use those servers.
thanks still, but 2003 computers are a bit outdated by now. :mrgreen:

You could quite easily apply what's in the book to the PCs avalible nowdays though.... :D

I just recently aquired a Digi002 Rack from a good friend of mine, who runs Kakadu Studios in Stuart Park here in Darwin NT Australia, all I need to do is replace all the Mic Pres and Clock board, and I'll have a good Pro quality recording studio.... :mrgreen: