An Introduction to Music Technology - Book

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Hope this is another great shot for all interested!

"An Introduction to Music Technology provides a clear and concise overview of the essential elements of music technology for today’s musician. It is designed to provide music students with the background necessary to apply technology in their creating, teaching, and performing.

This book focuses on five topics that underlie the hardware and software in use today: Sound, Audio, MIDI, Synthesis and Sampling, and Computer Notation and Computer-Assisted Instruction. In addition, there is an appendix that covers necessary computer hardware and software concepts.
Features:

* Thorough explanations of key topics in music technology
* Content applicable to all software and hardware, not linked to just one piece of software or gear
* In-depth discussion of digital audio topics, such as sampling rates, resolutions, and file formats
* Explanations of standard audio plug-ins including dynamics processors, EQs, and delay-based effects
* Coverage of synthesis and sampling in software instruments
* Pedagogical features, including:

Further Reading sections that allow the student to delve deeper into topics of interest

– Suggested Activities that can be carried out with a variety of different programs

– Key Terms at the end of each chapter

– What do I need? chapters covering the types of hardware and software needed in order to put together Audio and MIDI systems

– The companion website contains links to audio examples that demonstrate various concepts, step-by-step tutorials, relevant hardware, software, and additional audio and video resources.
"

Enjoy!
:D

http://www.freebookspot.me/Comments.asp ... t_ID=62145

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

SPeter wrote:Hope this is another great shot for all interested!

"An Introduction to Music Technology provides a clear and concise overview of the essential elements of music technology for today’s musician. It is designed to provide music students with the background necessary to apply technology in their creating, teaching, and performing.

This book focuses on five topics that underlie the hardware and software in use today: Sound, Audio, MIDI, Synthesis and Sampling, and Computer Notation and Computer-Assisted Instruction. In addition, there is an appendix that covers necessary computer hardware and software concepts.
Features:

* Thorough explanations of key topics in music technology
* Content applicable to all software and hardware, not linked to just one piece of software or gear
* In-depth discussion of digital audio topics, such as sampling rates, resolutions, and file formats
* Explanations of standard audio plug-ins including dynamics processors, EQs, and delay-based effects

Further Reading sections that allow the student to delve deeper into topics of interest

– Suggested Activities that can be carried out with a variety of different programs

– What do I need? chapters covering the types of hardware and software needed in order to put together Audio and MIDI systems

– The companion website contains links to audio examples that demonstrate various concepts, step-by-step tutorials, relevant hardware, software, and additional audio and video resources.
"

Enjoy!

Looks like that website has gone down,because I get a "Service Unavalible " error message.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

DrNomis wrote:
SPeter wrote:Hope this is another great shot for all interested!

"An Introduction to Music <leo_highlight style="background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 0%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_5" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_5')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_5')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_5')" leohighlights_keywords="technology" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_underline="false">Technology</leo_highlight> provides a clear and concise overview of the essential elements of music <leo_highlight style="background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 0%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_6" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_6')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_6')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_6')" leohighlights_keywords="technology" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_underline="false">technology</leo_highlight> for today’s musician. It is designed to provide music students with the background necessary to apply <leo_highlight style="background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 0%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_7" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_7')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_7')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_7')" leohighlights_keywords="technology" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_underline="false">technology</leo_highlight> in their creating, teaching, and performing.

Features:

* Thorough explanations of key topics in music <leo_highlight style="background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 0%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_8" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_8')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_8')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_8')" leohighlights_keywords="technology" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dtechnology%26domain%3Dfreestompboxes.org" leohighlights_underline="false">technology</leo_highlight>

"

Enjoy!

Looks like that website has gone down,because I get a "Service Unavalible " error message.... :)
Not at all with me bro, I can still approach the site!
Try again!
:)

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Will do.... :)

By the way,please keep all those good books coming,thanks mate..... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

It worked this time,I'm suspecting my web browser software.... :)

CharlyG
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by CharlyG »

I just downloaded and am starting to read now. Thanks, I appreciate the time and effort..

CharlyG

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

CharlyG wrote:I just downloaded and am starting to read now. Thanks, I appreciate the time and effort..

CharlyG
great, because the link is now dead;
anybody interested knows where to knock.

Maybe somebody should take the effort of rehosting this to another filesharer?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

actanos
Information

Post by actanos »

:| the link doesn´t work and I´m interested about it