Handmade Electronic Music_The Art Of Hardware Hacking

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

This looks like a cool read... :)

File Size: 4862kb

http://loliel.narod.ru/DIY.pdf
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

derevaun
Information

Post by derevaun »

I'm reading the paper copy right now--highly recommended. It's a bit like Reed Ghazala's Circuit Bending book in that it's more about the have-fun-make-noise-shorting-stuff-out aesthetic than about electronics theory. It avoids using op amps, for example. It's a lot less rambling and incoherent than Ghazala's book; pretty much meant to work as a textbook for a cool college course, which is why I'm reading it. Worth buying for real in my case. Thanks for posting the link!

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

derevaun wrote:I'm reading the paper copy right now--highly recommended. It's a bit like Reed Ghazala's Circuit Bending book in that it's more about the have-fun-make-noise-shorting-stuff-out aesthetic than about electronics theory. It avoids using op amps, for example. It's a lot less rambling and incoherent than Ghazala's book; pretty much meant to work as a textbook for a cool college course, which is why I'm reading it. Worth buying for real in my case. Thanks for posting the link!

No worries,

i thought that it would be an interesting tome to put here,when I first saw it on the website,I thought that it was about Modular Synthesizers,but after I finished downloading it,i had a read of it and was pleasantly surprised.... :)

So I posted the link here for everyone.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Check the table of contents:

https://www.routledge.com/Handmade-Elec ... 0367210106#

All the projects in this book are what kids should be doing in school besides any science courses. In my country they are still very theoretical and boring and then you get the government complaining not enough young people get interested in science.

In a similar vein, I recently saw this video by Earthquaker. So professional: brand building with real content: no pedal demos or comparison, but like a study of great inspiring artist and their adventures into sound.

Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Only discovered the original thread by Dr N after posting, of course, typical.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal