Pink Floyd: The Black Strat, a History of David Gilmour's

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Pink Floyd: The Black Strat, a History of David Gilmour's Black Fender Stratocaster!

" The Black Strat book is the first and only accurate and knowledgeable account of David Gilmour's favorite Stratocaster guitar. Written by Phil Taylor - David's personal guitar technician since 1974 - to coincide with the release of the long awaited and much requested Fender 'David Gilmour Signature Strat': an instrument replicating the look, set-up, sound and feel of David's famous black guitar as it is today. The chronological story begins with David Gilmour joining Pink Floyd in early 1968, his guitar at that time, his subsequent instruments leading to the purchase of the Black Strat in 1970, and the other guitars that have come and gone. The book details all of the changes and modifications made to the Black Strat, its use on Pink Floyd tours and iconic albums, David's solo projects, and various guest appearances throughout the years. "

Enjoy!

http://www.freebookspot.me/Comments.asp ... t_ID=76660

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Thanks! Gilmoure is always interesting to me. :thumbsup

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

So amazing pictures!!! :shock:

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

Awesome! So glad I saw this here. No real info on his pedals, but I'm a guitarist first anyway... I have the pdf but I think this one worth buying. Thanx again. :applause:
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...

jstbrowsin
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by jstbrowsin »

And again thanks to Sir Peter :applause:
kev01 wrote:This one wins the gooooooooooop award. That has more silicone than Pamela Anderson.