Mixing Audio: Concepts, Practices and Tools

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Hope this will be interesting to many people!

" Product Description:

Mixing remains one of the most illusive arts of recording practice and can take a life time to master. Looking at practices, concepts, tools and mixing instruments the author provides a comprehensive insight to the art and science of mixing.

Whether a hobbyist of professional this book covers basic concepts to advanced techniques as well as tips and tricks and is a vital read for anyone wanting to succeed in the field of mixing.

The book is accompanied by the website http://www.mixingaudio.com, featuring a sample chapter, illustrations, audio and a user forum.

* Rounded, extensive and complete coverage of music mixing
* Includes a DVD with over 700 audio samples and 4 sample mixes
* Covers new topics and mixing trends such as computer centred mixing

Summary: This is the book to own.....
Rating: 5

As a home studio owner and pro musician of 40 years I am always on the lookout for that "next bit of info" that will push me to yet again improve...and this book was it. I have looked at this book for month's and thought..."Man, is it REALLY worth the $$?"

Now, as I look at my bookshelf full of "Mixing & Mastering & Studio Tips & Tricks" books, I can honestly say that this is the best book I have bought over the years.....period. Read what everyone else has wrote here in their reviews, and you got the gist of it, this book is the bomb!

Even if you "know it all", I recommend this book for 3 chapters, Compression, Reverb, and Gates-Expanders. Written so that ANYONE can understand it, but deep enough to make us old timers go "WHOA..." And the DVD, full of example audio clips and 4 full mixes that are tore apart at the end of the book, just drive the information home.

All of the reviews are correct(including the "eglash" in places), if you are serious about your Sound and Audio in general, this is the book to own. If you REALLY want to understand what the Ratio control does, on anything that uses one, this is the book to own. If you really want to improve your Engineering & Mixing Skills, this is the book to own. If you are using a computer to do audio, this is the book to own. If you use Cubase, Music Studio, Pro Tools, Audacity, or the Kristal Audio Engine, this is the book to own. It is worth every penny!

Can you tell I like the book?! I am on my 2nd read thru!

Summary: Inspirational
Rating: 4

Izhaki has written an all encompassing book. I recently upgraded to Apple's Logic Studio music production software. It is a wonderful program but is heavy on the learning curve for someone just getting into music creation. You can be wildly creative using Logic and other computer based music sequencers (PC and Mac). My main difficulty was taking my creations and getting them to sound right once they were burned onto a CD or DVD.

Izhaki supplies a brief history of the technical aspects of the recording industry and takes you on a journey into listening, recording levels, frequencies, the use of compression, equalizers, effects, and much more. The book covers the subject for both analog equipment and music creation software. The lessons apply to both. Also included is a DVD containing audio samples of the lessons and projects laid out in the book. The book gave me a new approach on how to create better sounding and technically more reliable use of Logic Studio. I am very satisfied and newly inspired to do more.

Summary: This is an instant authoritive and accessible classic

This book is absolutely a MUST have to anyone that is learning about audio mixing or even for Pros who want an amazing reference. Incredibly well written and accessible despite the depth of the information. It is a true masterpiece that will be at the top of students reading lists for a long time to come.

Summary: AEWESOME

Anyone who wants to dig really deep into mixing must read this one.
It covers all aspects of mixing workflow, strategies and tools, and gives a very wide view and opens new horizons to explore by yourself..

It is my desktop book during the work.
"

Enjoy!
:D

http://www.freebookspot.biz/Comments.as ... t_ID=10505