My schematics collection on Skydrive

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Here are all my schematics collection, books and maybe something more that can be usefull...

Over 7500 files and 700 folders!!

Is all hosted on my Skydrive account... Use it free if you like!!

http://sdrv.ms/14yV8mI

electrosonic
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by electrosonic »

thanks! (where is the thank you button?)

Andrew.

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

thumb-up icon

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Interesting to see all the stuff that is posted om my site there. However,

Occasionally I do update things. When downloading the schem from my site you'll make sure that you have the latest revision. By putting it on your skydrive you just ensured that in some times there'll be multiple versions which in turn will result in a "which one is correct?" question. Personally I'm still amazed to see my stuff hosted on image/file hosting sites while they're a click away at the source where they came from.

Ot the other hand,
I "could" have put a "permisssion refused to post on any other site than .." on those things. Or another similar empty remark. Which is impossible to enforce anyway. Once it's online.. it's gone.

However, may I put it to your attention that Analogguru, as an example, is far more strict in cases where his drawings are posted and will most likely tell you in a manner which you may even experience as insulting?

All I can say is,
If someone asks not to repost, you "could" consider to respect that.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Max Cohen
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Ikea Dining Table

Post by Max Cohen »

Nice, i see some of my layouts :-) im glad you find them usefull

Btw, in JEN folder, under Jen Fuzz you have 70's schematic version. PM me for 1966-68 version
Welcome to freestompboxes.org
We can help... But we won't ;-)

Turretboard.org now with forum
TB.org on Facebook

cortezthekiller
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: A large highway overpass

Post by cortezthekiller »

Thanks for the resource!

My Bad Stone layout files you have on there have been updated and revised.
They are on the thread where you found the ones you posted.

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Hello Dirk,

You have all the reason.

I forgot that I might make a mistake in this regard. I assure you that I have not posted with more intention than to share and disseminate information, in fact I have not uploaded or linked to any web site of any kind, so what I have shared is just my backup copy on the net.

Anyway if you think my action is not good, I will have no objection to remove from the public access and hide everything that you see fit, and following your advices I'm going to do the same thing with the schemes from Analogguru.

I hope I have not bothered anybody and beg me know otherwise, because this never been my intention and I apologize in any case.

Fredenando

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Fredenando wrote:I hope I have not bothered anybody and beg me know otherwise, because this never been my intention and I apologize in any case.
I actually feel happy to be the author of some of these... :mrgreen: But that's just my bloody ego... :roll: :slap:
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Occasionally I do update things. When downloading the schem from my site you'll make sure that you have the latest revision.
Good point.
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:However, may I put it to your attention that Analogguru, as an example, is far more strict in cases where his drawings are posted and will most likely tell you in a manner which you may even experience as insulting?
Good point.
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Once it's online.. it's gone.
Ultimate point. This is why I having copies on some other servers/hosts/drives - whatever - is not that bad, especially when it's easily browsed like Fredenando's...

Schem is wrong? Compare it with your unit and correct it. Unit is damaged and comparison is impossible? Use the jellyfish lying in your skull and/or seek for help... :mrgreen: I mean, you can't expect any schem or information to be accurate on any media on Earth. But Fredenando's library definitely worth the trip. At least you'll easily find out something to start with... :thumbsup
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:However, may I put it to your attention that Analogguru, as an example, is far more strict in cases where his drawings are posted and will most likely tell you in a manner which you may even experience as insulting?
That's putting it mildly.
lolbou wrote:you can't expect any schem or information to be accurate on any media on Earth. But Fredenando's library definitely worth the trip. At least you'll easily find out something to start with... :thumbsup
+1

I really like being able to browse just the circuits + layouts with no commentary, many of which are familiar, some variations I've not seen, or better/smaller layouts of stuff I've done and stuff I've not tried.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Deleted all the "sensitive" files... 47 at all!

R.G.
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by R.G. »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Interesting to see all the stuff that is posted om my site there. However,

Occasionally I do update things. When downloading the schem from my site you'll make sure that you have the latest revision. By putting it on your skydrive you just ensured that in some times there'll be multiple versions which in turn will result in a "which one is correct?" question. Personally I'm still amazed to see my stuff hosted on image/file hosting sites while they're a click away at the source where they came from.

Ot the other hand,
I "could" have put a "permisssion refused to post on any other site than .." on those things. Or another similar empty remark. Which is impossible to enforce anyway. Once it's online.. it's gone.

However, may I put it to your attention that Analogguru, as an example, is far more strict in cases where his drawings are posted and will most likely tell you in a manner which you may even experience as insulting?

All I can say is,
If someone asks not to repost, you "could" consider to respect that.
The fundamental things apply, as time goes by...

:)

jubal81
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jubal81 »

It's inaccessible now ...

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

I'm sorry, but Microsoft has canceled my SkyDrive account. The point is that they do not respond to my requests and give me no reason or answer for several weeks.

As find another free site where I can share it'll let you know.

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Fredenando wrote:I'm sorry, but Microsoft has canceled my SkyDrive account. The point is that they do not respond to my requests and give me no reason or answer for several weeks.
Why should they ? You can find the answer in their terms of use, which you should have read before creating your illegal collection:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... -agreement
3.2. .... If you use or share content on the services in a way that infringes others’ copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, or privacy rights, you are breaching this agreement.
And your illegal activities clearly violated this agreement. And also written there:
3.6. .... Microsoft may remove your content without asking you if we determine it's in violation of this agreement or the law, or if we receive a notice of intellectual property infringement from a third party.
Everything clear now ? As R.G. pointed out:
R.G. wrote:The fundamental things apply, as time goes by...
Fredenando wrote: As find another free site where I can share it'll let you know.
And please read the terms of use first, otherwise your illegal activities will suffer the same fate.

BTW: Not everything what you find on the internet is automatically yours only because you downloaded it.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

R.G.
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by R.G. »

As an observation:

Over time, I've found that ideas about intellectual property rights depend almost entirely on who generated the intellectual property. The prevailing idea among people in general is that if you generated it, it's yours; if you didn't, it's free and open, available to everyone for any purpose at all and in fact is not "property" at all. After all, information wants to be free, right?

In formal negotiation training, this is described by the quip that "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable." :D

This is neither good nor bad, just the way people are. There are exceptions both ways, of course.

My personal reaction to this is that I no longer post anything of much value at all. I suspect other people figured this out long ago - I'm slow that way.

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

analogguru wrote:BTW: Not everything what you find on the internet is automatically yours only because you downloaded it.
analogguru
Unfortunately, that's completely untrue. You lose control of your work as soon as it leaves your premises (in whatever form). I've been frustrated by inferior copies of my work for many years, but have learnt to live with it. The only reason I ever goop anything is to waterproof it, not to hide my lack of design skills. Line drivers, bootstrapped guitar input stages, compressors, tone compensation circuits, chorus, echo, flange and distortion circuits of mine have all been copied, but there's nothing I can do about it. I had a number of Patents, but they all turned out to be worthless when the people stealing my work are in Romania, China, Japan and even Sweden!

I've given up worrying about it - my designs are freely available to anyone who wants to use them - they just can't claim that I built the junk that they turn out, and I can't be blamed when they can't get the things working correctly because they don't understand an alignment procedure. My customers recognise good quality, which is why I'm their first call when they want something. I mostly build to order, though if I have an idea, I'll throw together a prototype and get it tested by lots of players in my local rehearsal studio...

One of my slightly unusual distortion boxes (that doesn't hack bits off the waveform with diodes) was taken apart recently by a tech who worked for a well-known metal band, and now I find a "signature" pedal that looks remarkably electronically similar being sold at a massively inflated price by some Swedish company.... There's still nothing I can do about it....
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

R.G.
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by R.G. »

mictester wrote:Unfortunately, that's completely untrue. You lose control of your work as soon as it leaves your premises (in whatever form). ... now I find a "signature" pedal that looks remarkably electronically similar being sold at a massively inflated price by some Swedish company.... There's still nothing I can do about it....
Well, it's not completely untrue, depending on where you live.

If (1) you live in the USA, (2) the stuff that leaves your premises is a copyrightable item by law, (3) you have registered the item with the USA copyright registration system, and (4) the infringer lives in the USA, then the DMCA provides for automatic damages of up to $100,000 for a first, non-commercial infringement. Your option is to sue for infringement and damages. There are attorneys who will sometimes take the case for a significant chunk of the award and fund the whole case, which is the big sticking point on most people suing.

It's a big enough deal that web hosting companies have mostly been scared straight. Other countries vary. Some European countries may have enforceable copyright law. Enough countries don't that it preserves the "information wants to be free" idea.

However, if any of those conditions aren't true, then your possibility of enforcement dim very rapidly. In the case of a pedal, the pedal is not something that can be protected by copyright law (in the USA, if you're in the USA), failing at least item #2. Item #2 is, after all, one of the founding pillars of this web site, right?

All this is more of an illustration of a more fundamental law, one of Mother Nature's: you do not really own anything that you cannot defend.

jubal81
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jubal81 »

Intellectual property is really important. Otherwise, someone could do something like build up a pedal company around a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone.

R.G.
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by R.G. »

jubal81 wrote:Intellectual property is really important. Otherwise, someone could do something like build up a pedal company around a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone.
Intellectual property laws do not protect the circuitry inside a Marshall Bluesbreaker. It's not protected by copyright law, and is (probably) not patented or patentable. The circuitry is not a trademark or equivalent, nor a ship hull or an aesthetically patentable industrial design. Hence, no protection by law. I believe that's one of the pillars of this web site, right? :D

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Some European countries may have enforceable copyright law. Enough countries don't that it preserves the "information wants to be free" idea.
1.) Every country of the european community has enforcable laws.

2.) Europe is a little bit different than the U.S. In europe you acquire the copyright on your work automatically by creating it. You don´t have to register it somewhere. In a court case you only have to prove, that you are the creator.

3.) Every drawing benefits from the protection of this law. Here is an example of a highest court decision concerning this thematic:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 0_000.html
The plaintiff has shown a nature rock carvings image using black lines on a white background two-dimensional drawing. .... He has served this a representation technique that was indeed the nature of the self-imposed task, to achieve a realistic figure, largely set, but allowed enough room for customization. ....... As a result of this spiritual power was a special presentation of serving as a model rock carvings image that the plaintiff has been the stamp of individuality and is suitable due to their individual "signature" in the selection of the found lines to be of drawings by other researchers of the same rock carvings image. The drawing of the plaintiff can not be denied so peculiar: it is therefore a copyrighted work protected.
Also according to these principles of drawing the plaintiff be granted therefore copyright protection because it must be assumed that other researchers based on another scientific viewpoint in the case of a drawing of the same rock image to one of the drawings of the plaintiff partially different lines and so a different result than the plaintiff would have entered. The defendant has edited a copyrighted work without the consent of the plaintiff (color reversal, change in the lines), on a section reduced and published in edited form without this copyright notice. He did so against § § 14 paragraph 2, 20, paragraph 1, 21 paragraph 1 Copyright Act violated.
And this applies to every schematic drawing too.
R.G. wrote: In the case of a pedal, the pedal is not something that can be protected by copyright law...
The pedal itself an the design/construction can not be protected by copyright law, but the description, the schematic DRAWING itself is protected by copyright law. You can draw your own schematic, with your individual arrangement of symbols, but you cannot take the work of somebody else without the consent of the creator. Very easy.

It´s the same as when you find a wallet on the street. You cannot keep it as yours and use all the money only because you found it. You have to bring it to the police station and you may obtain a finder´s reward. But the wallet is not automatically yours, only because you have found it. And the same applies to every thing on the internet: "IT IS NOT AUTOMATICALLY YOURS !" You have to ask for the consent of the owner. That´s the law and the moral duty.
mictester wrote: Unfortunately, that's completely untrue. You lose control of your work as soon as it leaves your premises (in whatever form).
Maybe thats your opinion, but it is the same as with the lost wallet. There always will be some moral assholes and criminals around who will not bring the found wallet to the next police station. But that doesn´t mean that the guy who found it is now the lawful owner of the wallet. He is a theft, a criminal and a moral asshole who doesn´t respect the possesion of others. And therefore from a moral and law viewpoint this sentence is very true:
analogguru wrote: Not everything what you find on the internet is automatically yours only because you downloaded it.
in the same meaning as:
"Not everything you find on the street is automatically yours only because you found it and you were able to pick it up."
R.G. wrote: All this is more of an illustration of a more fundamental law, one of Mother Nature's: you do not really own anything that you cannot defend.
Exactly..... and if I catch someone with my stolen wallet, he will have a very hard time to defend his unlawful posession.

I think when it would be your wallet, he would have problems too.
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.