Wamplers Beginner book

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.

Wamplers Beginner book

Postby Upspoon » 04 May 2013, 00:09

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to source out Brian Wamplers beginners guide to effects. I am willing to pay for it but can't find it anywhere...
Anyone know where i could acquire it?

Thanks
Upspoon

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Wamplers Beginner book

Postby okgb » 04 May 2013, 16:39

not for certain , but check the small bear site , not direct from Wampler or is it discontinued ?
okgb
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 41 times

Postby grrrunge » 04 May 2013, 18:10

They're available for download here - with Brians blessing of course: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16716&hilit=wampler+books#p201195
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk
grrrunge
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 207 times

Postby drd » 17 Sep 2013, 11:18

Hey Everyone,

Sorry to revive a somewhat older thread, but the linked topic only has the Wampler book for intermediate/advanced and the "How to mod pedals" books. They are both excellent, but I'd be interested in the beginners book too if someone has a source for that...

Thanks!
drd

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby aleksdeg » 09 Jul 2018, 21:47

Is the beginner book still around? The link doesn;t work and my son is getting interested in electronics and it would provide great common ground for us, he can mod his pedals and I'll remember stuff that I learned a long time ago and have since forgotten!
aleksdeg

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby modman » 10 Jul 2018, 09:18

I deleted all links to the Wampler books -- we are not hosting this stuff anymore.
Simply type in Google "mods pedal [name of pedal]"
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
modman
a d m i n

Have thanks: 546 times

Postby POTL » 10 Jul 2018, 18:35

aleksdeg wrote:Is the beginner book still around? The link doesn;t work and my son is getting interested in electronics and it would provide great common ground for us, he can mod his pedals and I'll remember stuff that I learned a long time ago and have since forgotten!

I read his book about two years ago, then it seemed interesting and explaining to me.
Now I have looked at the contents of the book again and can safely say that you should not look for it and download it.
1) Although it is designed for beginners, the presentation of the material is not very informative, everything is told in passing.
2) It seems that Bryan wrote it without having a very large stock of knowledge (it would be interesting to see the book with its current level of knowledge)
3) In general, there is not much useful information.
4) There is also a book of mods, it should be interesting, but the downside is that you will not study the schematics yourself, but you will use ready-made templates, this will slow your progress.

I recommend the electrosmash site, it does not have many schemas, but they are analyzed in detail and you can understand how each part of the scheme works and why it was added and what components affect.
POTL
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 55 times

Postby plush » 11 Jul 2018, 12:30

POTL wrote: but the downside is that you will not study the schematics yourself, but you will use ready-made templates, this will slow your progress.

Can't agree with this.
"LEGO approach" is more practical. You'll learn each brick eventually, but it won't slow you in early stages.
plush
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 25 times

Return to Davidoff Library