Audio Mixing Essentials Tutorials

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Hi again, hope I am not too boring!This may be of use to those interested!

"VTC's Audio Mixing Essentials is an advanced course on the often mysterious art of audio mixing. Instead of showing you how to open an equalizer plug-in in a specific program, this tutorial will show you how to use an equalizer (in any program) in order to improve the sound of your next mix. This course first discusses the mixing process and then uses two mixing examples to demonstrate mixing from start to finish (“This Too Shall Pass” by Mile High Chapter and “Night Train To Cairo” by Scot). The mixing of the second project is done in work files and referenced in the course so that they have no narration in order to place more attention on the audio adjustments being made. This course will give any novice recording engineer the tools, techniques, and knowledge to effectively mix professional sounding projects. To begin learning, simply click on one of the movie topics."

Be warned , file is 400MB( still downloading it)!

Enjoy!

http://www.freebookspot.me/Comments.asp ... t_ID=59014

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Nedd to download all 4 archives or just one?

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

It says 4 parts , so all 4!I am still downloading the first one!
:thumbsup
:D

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

So...400Mb...EACH?????
Holly shit! :lol:

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

SPeter,

Cool....where do you find all this stuff?,no you are not being boring at all,quite the opposite,you can never know too much about sound mixing,i did some uni courses and some of the units covered were to do with sound mixing,I feel like I still have a long way to go with learning how to mix sound,just recently built myself a very small ProTools studio,I have a book called ProTools For Dummies,I use it as a reference..... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Duckman wrote:So...400Mb...EACH?????
Some good news - the last one is only 200 MB!
:lol:

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

What kind of program are you guys using to open these files?

I'm having a problem getting anything past the first extraction... :cry:

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

I think you need to get all togheter to start decompresing, but I'm still downloading so I'm not sure at all... SPeter?

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

SPeter wrote:
Duckman wrote:So...400Mb...EACH?????
Some good news - the last one is only 200 MB!
:lol:
Good news, in fact! :lol:

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

tictac wrote:What kind of program are you guys using to open these files?

I've decompressed the files, and now have a bunch of smaller files, one of which is a 'rar' file.. used IZArc to unrar them, and now have an ISO.. sweet :D
off to DVD next I guess... :)
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

rocklander wrote:
tictac wrote:What kind of program are you guys using to open these files?

I've decompressed the files, and now have a bunch of smaller files, one of which is a 'rar' file.. used IZArc to unrar them, and now have an ISO.. sweet :D
off to DVD next I guess... :)

There's a couple of other good programs for unzipping archives,and they're both free,one is 7Zip,the other is Zipgenius,I use them all the time,but they're written for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/and 7.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

DrNomis wrote: There's a couple of other good programs for unzipping archives,and they're both free,one is 7Zip,the other is Zipgenius,I use them all the time,but they're written for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/and 7.... :)
been an izarc user for a while now cos 7zip never used to do RAR.. not sure if it does now?... of course they're both free so to each their own. don't recall using zipgenius cos.. well.. after using izarc I've never found a need for anything else. ymmv.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

I think the latest version of 7Zip handles Rar files now,but I could be mistaken,you could try checking on the official website.... :)

ZipGenius has some useful tools,there's one that you can use to repair archives if you get errors when unzipping or unraring.... :)
Last edited by DrNomis on 20 Oct 2010, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by rocklander »

DrNomis wrote:,you could try checking on the official website.... :)
yip..

..or just use the one I know does in fact already do it... cos I'm lazy :wink: