Erratic Downloading for Attached Files

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

Hello there,

I have an intermittent problem with downloading attached files. After I log in if I try to download an attachment, a pdf file for example, I get an error message saying I'm not authorized to view the file and my status changes to "Logged Out". Then maybe an hour or two I return and the file downloads without incident.

Is this a common problem? :scratch:

TT

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

tictac wrote:Hello there,

I have an intermittent problem with downloading attached files. After I log in if I try to download an attachment, a pdf file for example, I get an error message saying I'm not authorized to view the file and my status changes to "Logged Out". Then maybe an hour or two I return and the file downloads without incident.

Is this a common problem? :scratch:

TT
It's a common problem for Windows users:

1. What web browser are you using? Have you got cookies enabled for this site? If you're using "Internet Explorer" there's little hope for you!

2. What operating system are you using? Have you got Windoze infected with something nasty? (I have NEVER seen a web-connected Windoze machine that is uninfected - even through Firewalls, Routers and with all the anti-this and anti-that software you could ever imagine).

Solutions:

1. Download a proper web browser -- Firefox, Opera, or Chrome are all good choices (you'll find your own preference when you try them)

1a. Spend some time de-lousing Windoze. You probably won't be able to get rid of every infection, but that's M$-ware for you!

2. Download and install a proper operating system. If you have never used anything other than Windoze, got to http://www.ubuntu.com and find out what great quality, free, open-source software can do for you. It costs nothing apart from a little of your time and effort, and you'll find that your computer will be several times faster than it was when it was infested with Windoze! You'll also discover that it will be entirely virus-free (there aren't any Linux viruses because there can't be - you'll realise why when you understand the underlying structure of the OS). You'll find that it's also entirely stable - no more crashes requiring re-boots!

If you're not immediately ready to make the whole change, you can set up a "dual-boot", which gives you the choice of operating system at start-up.
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

I'm using Safari with Windows XP Pro.

Today I had no problem downloading.

This may seem weird, but I just installed a new power supply and my computer is running better than ever. The old supply took a dump. I looked inside the "made in China" quality supply and noticed a leftover scrap of solder that made a bridge between two of the power supply outputs and obviously was the cause of the supply's demise...

I wonder if lower supply voltages could have contributed to these problems?
:hmmm: Weird Indeed!

TT

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

supposing this is solved, closing thread.
If problems persist, please don't hesistate to post again.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal