Can't stay logged in

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
moosapotamus
Information

Post by moosapotamus »

I keep getting bumped back to a log in page when I click on a link, image or try to post. So I log back in and just get bumped out over and over again. Took me a while to get this to post.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Hi,

I'm sure somebody reported a similar problem, but cannot find that post right now, it might have been a mail. You could:

-Clear your browser cache/cookies
-Restart browser
-Try logging unto fsb from another ip

If this doesn't help, something definitely locked in your profile:maybe a password change could unlock it. You never had this problem until now?

thanks for reporting!
take care, don't worry, it'll get sorted out
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

moosapotamus
Information

Post by moosapotamus »

Must be a problem with my connection at work. I tried clearing my cache/cookies and restarting my browser at work, but still had the same problem.

Seems to be working fine from home now.

Oh well... guess I'll just have to be slightly more productive during the day. :blackeye

Thanks!
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

dajm
Information

Post by dajm »

I've just started having a similar problem with the forum

When I log in I can browse the forum but I can't see all the pictures / attachments posted in a thread, I just see a box with a red 'X' in the corner. If I try and click on a picture to see it (or right click, show picture) I get logged out and get a "you do not have permission to see this file" message.

I've tried deleting the cookies and the other things modman posted above but I still have the problem

anyone have any ideas ? :scratch:

thanks for any help

moltenmetalburn
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by moltenmetalburn »

Oh well... guess I'll just have to be slightly more productive during the day. :blackeye
Oh no dont do that! There's no way you get paid enough for that! :P

Also I built your paralooper a while back for a friend, worked out great, welcome! :thumbsup
"The Humans Will Never Destroy Us"

mikemaddux
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mikemaddux »

Just started happening to me a couple of weeks ago too......I have to log in every time I visit the page......never had this problem before

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

mikemaddux wrote:Just started happening to me a couple of weeks ago too......I have to log in every time I visit the page......never had this problem before
There's this check box, but I'm sure you have seen it, log me on automatically. Of course this only works when you're using the selfsame computer.
Works fine for me, but then again the system knows me. :wink:
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

mikemaddux wrote:Just started happening to me a couple of weeks ago too......I have to log in every time I visit the page......never had this problem before
Warning to all users: a recent MS update of Internet Explorer breaks the way cookies and passwords are handled. There was yet another exploit that used Internet Exploder's internals as a way to get access to the nether regions of the victim's Windoze, so MS tried to block it in this way....

Realistically, the only simple option is to use another browser - Firefox, Chrome or Opera are all very much better in every way than Internet Exploiter!

A much better option is to not use Windows. Apple Mac is a good, but expensive option. Linux is free and very easy to install and use nowadays. Break away from Microsoft!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"