Please thank members by using the THANKS button!

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

The forum software update brought along some new forum features. Some of the them are trivial, others just seem that way... such is the case of the THANKS FOR POST.

Please use it, if only instead of just posting a message saying thanks because:
  • The more interesting the thread, the longer they are because of the thank yous
  • Thanks are important
  • With this system users get rated and evaluated by their fellow members
  • Threads are automatically rated - the more different people said thanks, for more valuable the information in the thread probably
  • You can still thank someone years after without needlessly bumping the thread.
  • Members can rightfully be rewarded for their contributions
This also implies that moderators may remove messages containing just thanks if they are interfering with readability, but this only in the Circuit Analysis Sections.

This is only in the intrest of important forum sections remaining somewhat readable. All comments about this or other new features are always welcome...

thanks for reading this.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Thanks,,, :popcorn:

Sorry I just could not resist. :lol:
Go on you can delete this now.
Phil.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Hi Johan
I tried to thank you in this thread and got "invalid thanks" :lol:
I am not an invalid (at least not yet :lol: )
Happy New Year to you and your family.
By the way - what happened to briggs' freestompbox logo :?:
I liked it much better than the phpbb logo we have now :!:
cheers
Steve
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

bajaman wrote:Hi Johan
I tried to thank you in this thread and got "invalid thanks" :lol:
I am not an invalid (at least not yet :lol: )
Happy New Year to you and your family.
By the way - what happened to briggs' freestompbox logo :?:
I liked it much better than the phpbb logo we have now :!:
cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,
Well thanks, but thanks is disabled now in this folder, just restricted to the technical sections. I saw people starting thanking others in the Catfight, that isn't what it was meant for... If you still see those buttons here maybe you should clear your browser cache for the first time this year. If you're on the light blue (prosilver) layout (User Control panel) this will sort out the logo too... if not let me know.

thanks for chiming in (no button working here, I know...)
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

I notice messages and stuff like "Use the THANK YOU" button. Well I don't want to seem ungrateful but I don't see a Thank You Button anywhere. I would certainly use a Thank You Button if it was right there on the screen and I could push it.

Of course after I post this someone will explain that it actually is right there in front of me and if I was just a little more observant I'd have seen it. Or maybe someone might suggest that I use the "Search Function" and search for the Thank You button information. I've seen people get extremely upset and cuss people out for not not using the search function.

Now I noticed that there is a count for how many times we use the thank button and how many time people have thanked us. So far I'm at 0 thank you's and 0 thanks. Are people going to start getting mad if we have a low "Thank You Score"? I hope not cause when people start getting mad is when I exit the building...

I have written many thank you's at the end of posts but I guess these are not part of the score. Too Bad cause I think I'd be considered more of a grateful person if they were.

The fact is I'm in my fifties, I'm not a very good typist, and I get tired easily so I probably should have used the energy and time I put into writing this into using the search function, reading up on the Thank You button and using it like everyone else does. But I didn't, sorry...

Maybe whoever designs the webpages could make things stupidly easy so that people who are computerly challenged like me can do what you want us to do without others becoming upset because we're not doing what you want us to do.

Geez I hope someone doesn't get mad :slap: I can't do the quotes thingies either :oops:

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

There isn't a "Thanks" button in the Freestomp Cafe, but you should find it in the other forums:

"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Thank you. :wink:
tictac wrote:I've seen people get extremely upset and cuss people out for not not using the search function.
You bet. This are basics : if you're after something, you google it or search any board you like. When you don't get anything out of this, you may ask.
tictac wrote:Are people going to start getting mad if we have a low "Thank You Score"?
Nope. These thanks are used to rate posts. You're free to come here and pick up anything you like tictac. Share what you want, share what you can. Same goes for thanks.

Have fun!
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

the thank you button is only available in some areas of the forum... ones that a forumite could be thanked for WRT supplying info on circuits.. so places like the cafe are not the 'right place' to post circuit info, therefore don't get the thanks button :D

I understand that this is also a fine tuning process that the boss is working on so it best fits the needs of this particular forum (thanks for electronics/stompboxes stuff rather than telling a good joke... ergo, I'm unlikely to get thanked much :lol: )
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

Well thanks then :hug:

It's nice to know I haven't compltetely lost my mind...

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

IvIark wrote:Image
The "quote" button is there on the left next to the "thanks" button. You press it and the whole post of the other person is quoted. You can then erase parts and add your own response.
If you are in the "post a reply" screen, you will see the old posts on the bottom newest on top. There you can actually mark a part of a post, then click "quote" and it will put the (marked section of the) quote right in your reply window (the one your typing into, like I'm doing now, replying to you) where your cursor was.
I hope that was kind of comprehensible :horsey:

Cheers

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a disguise :lol: I can't delete my post!!!

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

If it's any consolation, I go through that myself, sometimes I'll forget to thank someone for their help, I go to click on the "give-thanks" icon, and it's nowhere to be found, even though I did clearly see it in the posts window beforehand.... :)

Does it have a "time-out" function?..... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

I get it now , didn't realize the icon was a thumbs up and not a finger pointingsideways like i thought ,
there's allot of people deserving thanks , It's a great idea , I wish other forums would adopt it .
thanks for all the good effort , regards Greg

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

[smilie=bump.gif]