Important: boutique sections closed... DMCA kicks in.

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
jreeves47
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jreeves47 »

Dont understand but oh well. Feel free to pm me. I had a hunch for another possible name behind pedalguru...
all will come to light eventually either way.
Peace!

theblackman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by theblackman »

haha, a guru that doesn't know the simplest things about electronics. :applause:

tube-exorcist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by tube-exorcist »

theblackman wrote:haha, a guru that doesn't know the simplest things about electronics. :applause:
Silence is Golden
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."

theblackman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by theblackman »

but that's some solid gold comedy!

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

osa wrote:pedalguru=Lance Keltner
No doubt about this.
I have all the proof you guys need to see.
If a moderator is interested; please PM me.
To be honest I doubt this.

Lance has shown that he has no clue about electronics, while pedalguru has shown that he has a good understanding, and can use technobabble to baffle with the best of them..
I suspect he'll meet his match in mictester, analogguru and others here.. but anyway, I'd be pretty sure that he's Lance's design engineer.

It's a shame that he came in initially with BS like this:
pedalguru wrote:Hi, New here and was interested in seeing if anyone on here makes a good parallel loop box?
What I am actually trying to do is to parallel 2 effects in the loop of an amp so that my input hits both at the same time and they both sum together.
And this:
pedalguru wrote:I have been quietly watching this thread and have even checked out a couple of the circuit drawings that have been put up here on the pedal in question.
I have bought one and I will reply to this post with just this thought based on my findings.
Actually I purchased mine because of the Pro Guitar Shop demo I heard online.
Heard about this issue and visited the site.
Not really a good start if he's here to defend his design and show his integrity.

.. and since then he's chosen to play "cat and mouse" rather than just explain the technical benefits of using a transistor array in this circuit... if there really are any ?
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

apparently the first stage has to have temperature compensation. he still won't tell me at what temperature this becomes necessary, though.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

tube-exorcist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by tube-exorcist »

Silence is Golden
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

Greg_G wrote:
pedalguru wrote:I have been quietly watching this thread and have even checked out a couple of the circuit drawings that have been put up here on the pedal in question.
I have bought one and I will reply to this post with just this thought based on my findings.
Actually I purchased mine because of the Pro Guitar Shop demo I heard online.
Heard about this issue and visited the site.
Not really a good start if he's here to defend his design and show his integrity.
just a diversion, of course he is not gonna come here and say "Hi I'm the designer of the Rectal Chanel Furz, and you guys suck". So he made up a story, and then gave that up to troll us. :scratch:
Greg_G wrote:.. and since then he's chosen to play "cat and mouse" rather than just explain the technical benefits of using a transistor array in this circuit... if there really are any ?
From what i gathered, he believes that we can't neglect temperature drift in silicon? or not? :scratch: It was a bit confusing. To be honest, I'm always ready to be educated, and if there is a difference why not just prove that without doubt through circuit theory and tests and posting plots, etc.? That should be in his best interest.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

RnFR wrote:apparently the first stage has to have temperature compensation. he still won't tell me at what temperature this becomes necessary, though.
If I didn't have a thousand other things to do and could raise the enthusiasm I would breadboard the first stage and run some temperature and performance tests on it against a standard first stage but in all honesty I just can't be arsed.

Gut feeling tells me temperature stabilisation is completely superfluous and anyway I have far better things to do with my time.

I am quite surprised that this so called 'guru' has been given so much time and bandwidth considering he or one of his cronies has caused so much trouble for FSB.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

thanks deltafred :thumbsup
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

cpm
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by cpm »

again, we can cover the technical details of this stuff in its own thread, as any other circuit, mod, improvement or whatever.
there's no need to feed that troll if he doenst want to discuss properly.

the point here is that the pedal was marketed with lies, and this forum was bullied with stupid legal claims for revealing that.
nobody cares about the IC apart from it being an excuse to claim "exclusive property" over an old and well known circuit.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

well, it's easy to say "ban the guy" after it's all out in the open, but had I done that(which, trust me, I was this close to doing) we wouldn't know who we are dealing with. now that we pretty much know for sure, I'm all for getting rid of the guy- FSB policy or not. he should be banned for having two accounts, anyway.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

RnFR wrote:well, it's easy to say "ban the guy" after it's all out in the open, but had I done that(which, trust me, I was this close to doing) we wouldn't know who we are dealing with. now that we pretty much know for sure, I'm all for getting rid of the guy- FSB policy or not. he should be banned for having two accounts, anyway.
kinda have the feeling that he won't be coming back anyway :hmmm:

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: thd univalve

Post by atreidesheir »

This guy is good for our karma points. Just cements the case for what this pedal really is. A decent clone of a pedal Moses played on Thursday nights with new global warming AND Ice Age protection.
And the new temperature stabilization allows perfect playing at both Mars and Earth extreme temperatures (@58C down to -150C).
SO maybe temperature stabilization is important for interplanetary toneGURUs?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this IS your mother's silicon ToneBender.
Especially if you have a gig in a planetary shadow outside a breathable atmosphere. This is the just the tonebender you need.Image
"Contemplate it - on the tree of woe." :Thulsa Doom

minnow
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by minnow »

Dear Lance,

teemuk
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teemuk »

This is an interesting discussion to follow but it would likely be more wortwhile and fruitful if there was a schematic to refer to. (No. I'm not kidding. This is one of the reason that stuff gets shared here). So... Is there a Retro Channel Fuzz schematic posted somewhere, or was it removed along with the other "boutique" stuff? Or is the circuit exactly like a Tonebender MkII but with transistors in an IC?

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

teemuk wrote:This is an interesting discussion to follow but it would likely be more wortwhile and fruitful if there was a schematic to refer to. (No. I'm not kidding. This is one of the reason that stuff gets shared here). So... Is there a Retro Channel Fuzz schematic posted somewhere, or was it removed along with the other "boutique" stuff? Or is the circuit exactly like a Tonebender MkII but with transistors in an IC?
it's the sole reason were in this mess in the first place.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

teemuk wrote:This is an interesting discussion to follow but it would likely be more wortwhile and fruitful if there was a schematic to refer to. (No. I'm not kidding. This is one of the reason that stuff gets shared here). So... Is there a Retro Channel Fuzz schematic posted somewhere, or was it removed along with the other "boutique" stuff? Or is the circuit exactly like a Tonebender MkII but with transistors in an IC?
PM me your email address and I will send all that I recovered from my cache just after it was taken down. I am just on my way out so it may take a few hours for me to get back to you, but I will as soon as I can.

fred
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

juanro
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by juanro »

Hi teemuk,

I'm not affiliated with freestompboxes.org in any form (save by being a user), but I think you'll find my personal blog interesting:

http://ponelequehablode.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Juanro
La única verdad es la realidad.

teemuk
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teemuk »

Thanks! :thumbsup