Jack Darr - Electric Guitar Amplifier Handbook

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

No worries gilmour_pugliese...cheers.... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

Lonkero
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tech 21 trademark 10

Post by Lonkero »

Thank you for sharing :)

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Weird, my last post should have had one of these smileys at the end of the sentence.. :D

But for some reason the wrong smiley was used instead, I don't know exactly what happened so please do not take offense by it, none was intended and if anyone was offended by it then I do most humbly apologize..... :oops:
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

FrodeK
Information

Post by FrodeK »

SPeter wrote: 14 Sep 2010, 20:47 To those that still don't have it!
Enjoy!
:thumbsup
:D

viewtopic.php?p=169245#p169245
Hi!

I can't get the zip opened. I would really appreciate if you send it to me. I need to learn stuff:)

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Even though this book is sold on Amazon (and not even cheap for such an old book), I am very much convinced that the copyright has expired. Already much cheaper on the current publisher's website.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 20.42.41.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 20.42.41.png (84.13 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
But the notice inside the book concerning editions is wrong: there was a 3rd edition in 1973 unmentioned in the colofon:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 20.42.31.png

Maybe there was never a 1977 edition, but anyway, the copyright needs to be renewed after 28 years, so that would be in 2005. While this allegedly "fourth" edition was published only in 2006. The dates don't really make much sense: I strongly feel that the copyright has expired, but this does not prevent publishers from giving the impression that it's still copyrighted. If it was, it would be listed in this database.

I learned a bit about copyright on books after reading this notice on the books shared on tubeampbooks.org.

The same publisher also publishes other tube reference books that are clearly in the public domain, like the RCA Receiving Tube Manual, written by Fred Flintstone, IIRC...
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal