We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.

We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Postby modman » 03 Feb 2012, 14:27

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's the craziest thing - don't let me go into details.
Thanks for your patience

modman johan
:thumbsup
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
User avatar
modman
a d m i n
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:57
Has thanked: 2887 times
Have thanks: 495 times

Re: We were down due a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Postby madbean » 03 Feb 2012, 14:35

modman wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience. It's the craziest thing - don't let me go into details.
Thanks for your patience

modman johan
:thumbsup


Beer spilled in server = no playtime.

Thanks for bringing us back!
madbean
 

Re: We were down due a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Postby juanro » 03 Feb 2012, 15:13

modman wrote:It's the craziest thing - don't let me go into details.


Well, the only response to that is: you stirred our curiosity, now please go into details....

Juanro
La única verdad es la realidad.
User avatar
juanro
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 493
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 18:07
Location: Argentina
Has thanked: 63 times
Have thanks: 137 times

Re: We were down due a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Postby briggs » 03 Feb 2012, 15:29

juanro wrote:
modman wrote:It's the craziest thing - don't let me go into details.


Well, the only response to that is: you stirred our curiosity, now please go into details....

Juanro


It was me! I pulled the wrong plug out :blackeye
Image

I am Klon.
User avatar
briggs
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 11:02
Location: Breaking into Heaven.
Has thanked: 30 times
Have thanks: 121 times

Re: We were down due a crazy glitch... but back - of course

Postby p_wats » 03 Feb 2012, 16:42

BYOC was having the same errors this week so I was worried it was some kind of conspiracy. I guess the time is just right for spilling beer on the servers!
User avatar
p_wats
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 01:53
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 3 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby Duckman » 03 Feb 2012, 18:41

I feel like "Well, first Megaupload... now us" :lol:
User avatar
Duckman
Opamp Operator
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 20 May 2009, 02:45
Has thanked: 364 times
Have thanks: 121 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby deltafred » 03 Feb 2012, 22:44

Duckman wrote:I feel like "Well, first Megaupload... now us" :lol:


That was what I feared.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012
User avatar
deltafred
Opamp Operator
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: 06 Apr 2010, 17:16
Location: Yorkshire, England, UK
Has thanked: 296 times
Have thanks: 238 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby modman » 05 Feb 2012, 00:19

deltafred wrote:
Duckman wrote:I feel like "Well, first Megaupload... now us" :lol:

That was what I feared.

Love it how you say "us" --all I can say about this is what you just said ... things are really moving. There is no defense for piracy, but we have all seen the consequences of DMCA: effective censorship on the basis of sheer allegations.
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
User avatar
modman
a d m i n
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:57
Has thanked: 2887 times
Have thanks: 495 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby Roa » 01 Mar 2012, 13:05

modman wrote:
deltafred wrote:
Duckman wrote:I feel like "Well, first Megaupload... now us" :lol:

That was what I feared.

Love it how you say "us" --all I can say about this is what you just said ... things are really moving. There is no defense for piracy, but we have all seen the consequences of DMCA: effective censorship on the basis of sheer allegations.


What is the moral of all this? "Take your servers to Japan and you´ll be just fine" :applause:
Roa
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 May 2008, 16:35
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 2 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby culturejam » 01 Mar 2012, 15:52

Roa wrote:What is the moral of all this? "Take your servers to Japan and you´ll be just fine" :applause:

Or Sweden, which is where this server now resides.
User avatar
culturejam
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 06:59
Has thanked: 458 times
Have thanks: 567 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby GuitarlCarl » 01 Mar 2012, 18:40

hey does this server do some kinda housekeeping reset thing ? Some mornings (here CST) we are down for a bit then back... just curious, it freaks me out everytime we're down this is my FIX and I'd hate to lose it.
Peace, Carl.
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...
User avatar
GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:14
Location: Smellinoiz
Has thanked: 69 times
Have thanks: 31 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby modman » 04 Mar 2012, 21:27

GuitarlCarl wrote:hey does this server do some kinda housekeeping reset thing ? Some mornings (here CST) we are down for a bit then back... just curious, it freaks me out everytime we're down this is my FIX and I'd hate to lose it.
Peace, Carl.

Please, do log these downtimes if you have the time. Makes it easier to debug the matter...
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
User avatar
modman
a d m i n
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:57
Has thanked: 2887 times
Have thanks: 495 times

Re: We were down due to a crazy glitch... but back - of cour

Postby DrNomis » 13 Mar 2012, 09:31

Cheers for getting our favourite forum back online again Modman, I was begining to think that all the USB ports on the new motherboard I bought for my PC, and my modem had died, one day I will have to buy you a beer or something to show my appreciation mate.... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.
User avatar
DrNomis
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 05:56
Location: Darwin,Northern Territory Australia
Has thanked: 123 times
Have thanks: 384 times


Return to Announcements and Forum Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests