Commonly Used Resistor and Capacitor Values in Pedals

Frequently asked question regarding resistors, potentiometers, types, requirements, ratings etc.
aryasridhar
Information

Post by aryasridhar »

Hey Guys,

I have build about 3 pedals, and i am taking this up seriously now to help others who do not want to spend a lot of cash on branded pedals......
I keep ordering resistors based on the project i am going to or working on at the moment. I would want to cut that and would like to order resistors and caps in bulk, that saves me some cash..

So need your help here in understanding the various common values of capacitors and resistors that are used in effects pedals.....So i could have those in large quantities...
A list or something alone similar lines would help a ton!!!!!

Please advice

dread pierat
Information
my favorite amplifier: 2204

Post by dread pierat »

The major cost of a pedal is the time spent working on the pedal. This work includes things like parts sourcing and researching circuits and schematics.

Do you want to offload this cost by making people on this forum do this work for you?

Wouldn't it be more productive if you opened all the schematics you want to build, write a big BOM, figure out the most common values, and post them here to share with others? That way you'd be a helping and contributing member, and not just a parasite trying to make people on the forum work for him for free.

aryasridhar
Information

Post by aryasridhar »

dread pierat wrote:The major cost of a pedal is the time spent working on the pedal. This work includes things like parts sourcing and researching circuits and schematics.

Do you want to offload this cost by making people on this forum do this work for you?

Wouldn't it be more productive if you opened all the schematics you want to build, write a big BOM, figure out the most common values, and post them here to share with others? That way you'd be a helping and contributing member, and not just a parasite trying to make people on the forum work for him for free.
Wow......Relax.....I am no parasite, and Thank you for the awesome response.....

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

There are a bunch of Chinese sellers on Ebay that sell resistor packs of metal film resistors for cheap. I would pick one of those up and then get more as needed. But it will give you a great assortment to start off with. :D

aryasridhar
Information

Post by aryasridhar »

CHEEZOR wrote:There are a bunch of Chinese sellers on Ebay that sell resistor packs of metal film resistors for cheap. I would pick one of those up and then get more as needed. But it will give you a great assortment to start off with. :D
Hey Thanks Cheezor -- I had a similar plan too, now that the orders are flowing in one by one, I need to get things in order and all the parts available with me for any build ready with me to cut down on any delay in delivering the pedals.....