Carlboro - AD1 Echo / Analog Delay

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
pknuits
Information

Post by pknuits »

Faulting the unit and find C11 has been removed - No idea of uf value, anyone out there in the ether any ideas or do you even have a schematic of it :=D

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Is that the big aluminum/green box?
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by LaceSensor »

pknuits wrote:Faulting the unit and find C11 has been removed - No idea of uf value, anyone out there in the ether any ideas or do you even have a schematic of it :=D
my friends has one if its the big alu green box. maybe he can take some guts i can ask if you confirm

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

LaceSensor wrote:
pknuits wrote:Faulting the unit and find C11 has been removed - No idea of uf value, anyone out there in the ether any ideas or do you even have a schematic of it :=D
my friends has one if its the big alu green box. maybe he can take some guts i can ask if you confirm
That's why I was asking ;-)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16304&p=182623&hil ... ho#p182623

tube-exorcist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by tube-exorcist »

I think that he was asking about a unit like this:
Attachments
Carlsbro_AD1_Echo.jpg
Carlsbro_AD1_Echo.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."

pknuits
Information

Post by pknuits »

Tube-Exorcist has hit the nail on the head :applause: - That is the exact one I have with the missing capacitor and no schematic - Thanks to all for assisting here. If only I could find the schematic all would be solved :slap:

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

OK, one nail hit.
Next step would be for you to post some pics of the innards of your AD1. This way it might be possible to determine if your AD1 might have some similarities to other Carlsbro effects. This in turn might a) solve your cap mystery or b) help you to find a way to fault-find your unit if that cap is not the problem.

or, in essence,
asking questions and showing up 2 days later without providing as much info as you can will not help you to speed up your repair ;) Start shooting!

pknuits
Information

Post by pknuits »

Sorry about not being able to reply instantly, but with other things going on around me things are taken in an orderly fashion. Iwill post the innards as suggested just as soon as my current workload ends, which should be in the next day or so. Keep the faith. I will post.

pknuits
Information

Post by pknuits »

OKAY Guys & Gals - Here are the images that show the complete PCB (in two halves) plus a close-up of the missing capacitor

That should do it me-thinks :D