Wampler - Plextortion  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

Nefi_fatobene wrote:Someone managed to unravel the scheme?
no big deal,put a buffer in front of a Guvnor,clipping diodes are clear red leds,same 3 band eq,plus an output gain stage recovery and a low pass filter for vintage/modern,you're done.
My 2 cents:my least favorite sounding guvnor style pedal,i'd take any other pedal by Wampler because they are all awesome,this one....meh!

Nefi_fatobene
Information

Post by Nefi_fatobene »

alexradium wrote:
no big deal,put a buffer in front of a Guvnor,clipping diodes are clear red leds,same 3 band eq,plus an output gain stage recovery and a low pass filter for vintage/modern,you're done.
My 2 cents:my least favorite sounding guvnor style pedal,i'd take any other pedal by Wampler because they are all awesome,this one....meh!

Thanks dude!

I send a PM to you.

Regards!

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

Some one post a layout??? if someone have this pedal please post the solder side!! please anyone???

alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

GodSaveMetal wrote:Some one post a layout??? if someone have this pedal please post the solder side!! please anyone???
even if you had hi res pics of the solder side you wouldn't get the connections right,i bet 1000 bucks....
That's why mr Wampler doesn't need to cover the board with goop,he aimed to get the best layout possible for sound and eventual maintenance,and at the same time not easily comprehensible by the average veroboard cloner.
All my admiration for his work.

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

alexradium wrote:
GodSaveMetal wrote:Some one post a layout??? if someone have this pedal please post the solder side!! please anyone???
even if you had hi res pics of the solder side you wouldn't get the connections right,i bet 1000 bucks....
That's why mr Wampler doesn't need to cover the board with goop,he aimed to get the best layout possible for sound and eventual maintenance,and at the same time not easily comprehensible by the average veroboard cloner.
All my admiration for his work.
Plizzzz! someone have the other side photos??? I know I don´t make a 1000 exact clone but a 100% yes!!!!!!! Thanks !! PLIZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! someone??

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

Old Gregg wrote:Super Plextortion layout, First version with v2 mods from mmory, had this on my hd.
temp - superplex bright cap.gif
You have all of this?? PCB please post all you have! thanks!!

guidirestraits
Information

Post by guidirestraits »

I found another picture but the version and different?

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

alexradium wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3381#p36934
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by indyguitarist »

alexradium wrote:
LOL... there were 6 different Plextortion versions. You just described one of them. :D
Here's one nugget for you though, on one version a switch would change a stage to go from a slight boost and high cut @ 723 hz to a mid scoop there, then it went to another gain stage for volume recovery. No buffers at the input though.

Nacho5
Information

Post by Nacho5 »

I recently buy this pedal. It's sound great. If you want some inside pics just ask me. :D

elkulon
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by elkulon »

A Roberto le hubiera gustado eso, Nacho. Ya sabes como pedia a gritos este pedal.

dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

Nacho5 wrote:I recently buy this pedal. It's sound great. If you want some inside pics just ask me. :D
Yes, please upload some. Photobucket has laid a total clanger on my gut shot search lately.
I've been wanting to make one of these verbatim for a while.

POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

dv8r601 wrote:
Nacho5 wrote:I recently buy this pedal. It's sound great. If you want some inside pics just ask me. :D
Yes, please upload some. Photobucket has laid a total clanger on my gut shot search lately.
Hi This is Marshall Guv'nor(Like Mi Audio Crunch Box, JHS Angry Charlie and more more others).
Perhaps it makes sense to make a clone sheet (similar to JHS) for Wampler and other manufacturers =)

Nacho5
Information

Post by Nacho5 »

dv8r601 wrote:

I don't have it anymore. I sold it before I can take photos.