Dumbloid  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
amplifiednation
Information

Post by amplifiednation »

platinum321 wrote:Bloom he did not post them Lucket did. I don't think he had any intention of posting them. Wake up. After they were posted he made out like he was the one who posted and says Merry Christmas. Oy! Rediculous.
Hey bud...
I was in fact the one who posted those pics. How did you think Luckett got those pics? I got worried I was breaking TGP rules so I took them down.

amplifiednation
Information

Nocentelli wrote:
1oldsidewinder wrote:AN has posted elsewhere regarding his admiration of Shin and that he will never, ever tell.
!?

Seriously? He'll knock out a "limited number" of half-price clones to demonstrate his admiration?
This made me chuckle. I think the pedal is sweet.

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

Nocentelli wrote:
1oldsidewinder wrote:AN has posted elsewhere regarding his admiration of Shin and that he will never, ever tell.
!?

Seriously? He'll knock out a "limited number" of half-price clones to demonstrate his admiration?

I can't even express how much that disgusts me.
Degoop and trace for his own benefit, rather than share it and post his bullshit here?
I could understand him wanting to sell enough clones to recoup what he spent on the original, but I don't see that happening.
That just doesn't sit right with me.

amplifiednation
Information

CodeMonk wrote:
Nocentelli wrote:
!?

Degoop and trace for his own benefit, rather than share it and post his bullshit here?
I could understand him wanting to sell enough clones to recoup what he spent on the original, but I don't see that happening.
So do you think he should have spent $600 on the pedal just to degoop it and post on FSB? Would that be more ethical than making a few extra pedals?

Where does the ethics battle end? You think it's ok to shut down one mans operation by exposing his design but making a small profit instead doesn't "sit well" with you?

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

The Ethics of THIS SITE, is we share what we learn.

Releasing the design would shut down a one man operation?
An operation based on lies isn't any operation I would want to see stay around. How about you?
And if releasing those designs, shuts it down, it wasn't a very good operation to begin with.

Look how many clones of the Timmy are around.
And PaulC still has a business.

I know of at least one person on this site that has spent far more than $600 on pedals just for the purpose of degooping.

So now we have 2 people making a profit on the same supposedly "original" design?

amplifiednation
Information

Wouldn't there be more than 2 people profiting off the design if it wasn't original?

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

amplifiednation wrote:Wouldn't there be more than 2 people profiting off the design if it wasn't original?
Ar least most people. when building and selling a design that is not original, don't try to hide that fact.
Gooping is hiding.
(And don't even try to feed me that horseshit about "but the goop help to stabilize the parts" etc.).

Edit:
There are untold clones of Tubscreamers, Big Muff's, Rangemasters, etc. around.
And most of those builders are open on their heritage.
Last edited by CodeMonk on 26 Dec 2013, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

amplifiednation wrote:So do you think he should have spent $600 on the pedal just to degoop it and post on FSB? Would that be more ethical than making a few extra pedals?

welcome to FSB... carefully note the "F" in FSB. CodeMonk has already clearly articulated how it works here.
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

CodeMonk wrote:
Re-quoted it case it got past you.

And add :
Share what you have discovered and learned.

IMO, cloning a supposedly original design and keeping it a secret of what you did, is one level of low.
Doing it, and bragging about it and keeping the info to yourself, goes down even lower.
Even lower, is finding out its a clone and still keeping it a secret as to what it is.

box
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by box »

Hi Guys,
I have a proposal to open new topic like (K.L.O. N. E before )to analyse the circuit , i.e as Tambloid .
Make fund account and just ignore post from "copy designers" and don't waste your energie to ask about
anything.
Only really members of FSB can do this job for this forum.
Rgds,
box

juansolo
Information

Post by juansolo »

I have another proposal. We all know it's a clone of something with changes. As are 99% of hyper-expensive, shoddily made, gooped, marketed as the 2nd coming in a box pedals. It's the same MO over and over again. I propose everyone just ceases giving a fuck and carries on as we did before when it comes to these con artists.

Instead of fuelling the hype train, lets see what's in the new EHX OD, that's FAAAAR more interesting than yet another boutique clone.

MoonWatcher
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by MoonWatcher »

amplifiednation wrote:So do you think he should have spent $600 on the pedal just to degoop it and post on FSB?
Yes - that's how it works. It's clearly obvious. At least it should be.
amplifiednation wrote:Where does the ethics battle end?
It doesn't if the emperors always wanting new clothes on TGP will continue to buy this shit at any price - higher, lower, whatever.

It has more to do with each person as an individual, whether they are seller or buyer. If you need to tell someone why they might want to take the high road and not give in to the temptation, they will probably never understand.
juansolo wrote:Instead of fuelling the hype train, lets see what's in the new EHX OD, that's FAAAAR more interesting than yet another boutique clone.
Are you talking about the Glove? I thought someone already traced it out at least partially, and discovered it's basically the OCD? :scratch:

juansolo
Information

Post by juansolo »

MoonWatcher wrote:
juansolo wrote:Instead of fuelling the hype train, lets see what's in the new EHX OD, that's FAAAAR more interesting than yet another boutique clone.
Are you talking about the Glove? I thought someone already traced it out at least partially, and discovered it's basically the OCD? :scratch:
Nah the Soul Food: http://www.ehx.com/products/soul-food

bloomz
Information

Post by bloomz »

Yup exposing the circuit for free is the name of the game - that'll make it all ok for Shin.....

funny chit cupla u guyz

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

Quoted because apparently you don't get the reason for this site.

And I'm only speaking for myself, so ops, if you want to delete this post or whatever go ahead.

Bloomz, if that's your opinion of this site, and you disagree with what is done here, you can just get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, exposing a $600 pedal to be based on a $100 pedal that can be bought at GC, I consider that a good thing.
CodeMonk wrote:The Ethics of THIS SITE, is we share what we learn.

Releasing the design would shut down a one man operation?
An operation based on lies isn't any operation I would want to see stay around. How about you?
And if releasing those designs, shuts it down, it wasn't a very good operation to begin with.

Look how many clones of the Timmy are around.
And PaulC still has a business.

I know of at least one person on this site that has spent far more than $600 on pedals just for the purpose of degooping.

So now we have 2 people making a profit on the same supposedly "original" design?

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

CodeMonk wrote:Bloomz, if that's your opinion of this site, and you disagree with what is done here, you can just get the fuck out of here.
or not.. hang around.. or some other option I've not considered, but things here are unlikely to change.. it's all about the share here.. personal gain is kinda the antithesis of why fsb exists... sure some who make a bob or two (or even a living) from making pedals frequent this place, but they accept the nature of fsb as being primarily a means to learn but moreover have realised that the people who participate here will not hurt their business.. we can't necessarily say the same for some lurkers... but such is the price of free speech here.
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

Yeah, I get a little, lets say aggressive when it comes to free speech and free exchange of ideas and information and such.
Without that concept, the internet (As well as many many other things) would not exist.
Hell, I was using the internet before few outside of CERN knew what WWW was.

juansolo
Information

Post by juansolo »

I yearn for the days of Usenet occasionally. I remember thinking how clunky and horrible the WWW was when it came along and that it'd never catch on ;)

CodeMonk
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by CodeMonk »

I preferred fidonet myself for the most part.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

bloomz wrote:Yup exposing the circuit for free is the name of the game - that'll make it all ok for Shin.....
I didn't realise you had Shin's best interests at heart when you came to this site asking for people to trace the Dumbloid and make you a cheap clone. Hilarious.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...