Nobels ODR-S  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
crw414tele
Information

Post by crw414tele »

Hopefully this is the right section ,I've been working on a vero for the nobels odr-s for a bit now and thought I'd post it for anyone who is interested, it's my first big vero so if anyone has any tips on making it smaller or any corrections , feel free. It's 1590bb sized at the moment and not verified as some of the values I don't have and will be waiting till my next big tayda order.I posted this on tagboard effects as well to see what they have to say.
Here is the link to the schematic I used , it's set up for true bypass , so no bypass buffer.

I know it's not an expensive pedal but it's still $150 delivered to Australia , so hopefully it works :thumbsup
Attachments
Nobels ODR-S.pdf
Nobels ODR-S schematic
(33.44 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

HENK
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by HENK »

Thanks for your Work.

-V/G: NO CUT!
-Q/F and AA/F: CONNECT THIS 2 POINTS.

Then it schould work.

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

Could be done on a smaller board...
When I start a vero like this, I set myself a limit of 21*21 holes, because that will fit into a 1590B. You could use more upright resistors, maybe...

HENK
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by HENK »

Immo,
(Da hast Du Recht! Machst Du es?)
You are Right! Did you do a new Layout? :thumbsup
Greets Thilo

crw414tele
Information

Post by crw414tele »

Hi , thanks for the help guys , I have updated the layout to remove the unnecessary cut and put one in that I missed :slap: and also to connect to two points. A flying lead is not ideal but for now it's fixed . I am working on a smaller layout using standing resistors I'm aiming for about 21 x 21 but I doubt I'll fit be able to fit everything it into a 1590B , I'll post that when I can I'm a bit slow doing these :oops:
Attachments
Nobels odr-2 v2.png

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

HENK wrote:Immo,
(Da hast Du Recht! Machst Du es?)
You are Right! Did you do a new Layout? :thumbsup
Greets Thilo
I don't need another overdrive... :roll:
And if I did, I would consider to buy the pedal, because it's quite inexpensive (49€)

crw414tele
Information

Post by crw414tele »

Hi , I've had another go using some stand up resistors/diodes and I managed to shave a couple of rows , it might fit into a 125B , but with 5 pots i don't think I'll try , might just put it into a BB anyway. There's a few less links but more cuts ,I've ordered the parts now just have to wait till they arrive to verify.
Attachments
nobels odr-s smaller.png

crw414tele
Information

Post by crw414tele »

I finally got time to build this today , found a couple of small errors in the layout and have corrected them , so now this layout is verified. It sounds great with my tele. There's no noticeable noise and tons of output/gain . I haven't experimented much but there seems to be a decent range on the eq section as well.
Attachments
IMG_0049small.jpg
IMG_0044small.jpg
verified ODR-S.png

crw414tele
Information

Post by crw414tele »

****update**** there is a missing cut on the output row , the 200k resistor to ground is shorted and needs a cut. I also experimented with 3904 , 550c and mpsa18 and found the mpsa18 to provide the best gain range . I may also experiment with different clipping diodes to try get a little less compressed tone.
Attachments
verified_ODR-Scorrectedcropted.png

timidater
Information

Post by timidater »

Has any body else built this odr-s pedal from this vero layout?? I know a guy that has one and I think it sounds better then the odr-1. just wondered if anyone tried any different transisters. I think ill take a shot at building this one.

asbestosaurus
Information

Post by asbestosaurus »

A cleaner, copyright-safe redraw of the factory schem - complete with the same weird part numbering - with values confirmed from my 2002 model, the only changes being the buffers and switching transistors. All the electrolytics were 50V except the ones in the power supply, 47u was 25V and the others were 16V. I also did some tone control simulations in multisim if anyone wants to see them.
odr-s 02.PNG