Greenchild Tribus Drive

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
greenm01
Information

Post by greenm01 »

Hi Folks,

Last year I decided to take the plunge and start my own small business. The primary purpose of this endeavor is to serve as a creative outlet and enable me to keep building more gear and playing guitar, although I don't plan on quitting my day job any time soon. Can't get enough of that soldering iron!

Anyway, as a means to attract visitors to my site and interest in my pedal, we decided to try a holiday giveaway contest. Details are on our website if anyone wants to check it out.

Tribus Drive is a three channel, random access, multi-effects pedal with three uniquely voiced circuits.

http://www.greenchild.us

Regards,
MAG

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Cool idea, not many three channel dirt pedals on the boutique market, and yours looks pretty nice too. Just one thing, the bottom knobs look awfully close to the footswitches - Are they recessed or something?
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

greenm01
Information

Post by greenm01 »

Nocentelli wrote:Cool idea, not many three channel dirt pedals on the boutique market, and yours looks pretty nice too. Just one thing, the bottom knobs look awfully close to the footswitches - Are they recessed or something?
Thanks. The footswitches are taller than the knobs, and there's plenty of clearance. The pedal has been field tested by a few pro guitarists and they didn't have any issues. I tried to make the front panel design as compact and efficient as possible, while giving as much clearance between components as possible.

Here's a link to several build photos of the PCB.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10020118 ... 6127848673

Please sign up for the free contest and you might just win one, and you'll be able to see for yourself :-)

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

I would love to, but I'm unwilling to authorise an app just to enter a "free" competition. Good luck with the enterprise, though.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

D-Day
Mojo Book Buster
Information
my favorite amplifier: Soldano SLO 100
Completed builds: Bazzfuss, Fuzz Face, Fuzzface SG

Post by D-Day »

Yeah I'd stomp the scoop and level pots right through the enclosure as if the knobs were never even there. I'm a big fella with big feet in big boots who plays with his eyes closed most of the time. A footswitch that close to a pot is the kiss of death and has kept my money away from countless nice sounding pedals. Looks fancy though. Best of luck to ya.

greenm01
Information

Post by greenm01 »

D-Day wrote: I'm a big fella with big feet in big boots who plays with his eyes closed most of the time.
Interesting.... Tribus Drive has yet to complain of my size 12 boots slamming down on the switches.