Zero tolerance for off-topic posting in 'Circuit Analysis'

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Off-topic stuff is not such a big deal anywhere on the forum, except for the central heart of freestompboxes.org:
Circuit Analysis Section[/url]

this implies that in this section:
  • off-topic posts and topics will be deleted (or moved)
  • even very kind thanks posts will be deleted if the thread is becoming unreadable - please do go back and give thanks with the THANKS function
  • if you are being a nuisance in any way, you may see your privs restricted to read-only
Your post will never be deleted if they
  • contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
  • if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning
For long I have played with the thought to make blog posts summarizing the main tracings of famous pedals that happened at freestompboxes.org: the list is endless. Of course Klon Centaur, but also Timmy, Suhr Riot, Analogman King of Tone, Cornish, you name it. It would not be right to create this story from one persons perspective, except if it was the tracer himself. That's why will stand by these clumsy threads that document the often painstaking process of establishing schematics for all.

It very seldom is a one man story, more than often cooperation throughout continents, just because of this funny glass fibre cable.
When it works, it' a buzz, even if it takes more than 3 years to finish a tracing. But even then, it's magic it notes left by one are completed by someone else.

Again, please keep the circuit section readable and tight. It the heart of the forum.

thanks for reading this far
Attachments
difference is space taken up by thanks post versus using the thanks function
difference is space taken up by thanks post versus using the thanks function
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

modman wrote: your post will never be deleted if they
contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning
So posting verified layouts (i.e. vero, perf, pcb whether authentic clones of the original pedal OR variations) is still ok? or not?
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Nocentelli wrote:
modman wrote: your post will never be deleted if they
contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning
So posting verified layouts (i.e. vero, perf, pcb whether authentic clones of the original pedal OR variations) is still ok? or not?
That's on topic in the strict sense, layouts are part of the tracing proces:
  • trace
  • establish schematic
  • create layout
  • build report would confirm in a way schematic
But if you create DIY files beyond the first layout that confirms schematic, I would ask to post them in the Stompbox Building.

The idea to avoid the tracing thread to go off on an endless tangent for debugging this and that guy's build.

I just put this thread up to refer to. When I go through threads moderating I tend to delete messages that don't contribute. People will ask why.
True: the thanks function wasn't in place in the beginning of the forum, but still, some threads go on for dozens of pages... nobody r'eads that and the this becomes a vicious circle...
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal