Zero tolerance for off-topic posting in 'Circuit Analysis'

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.

Zero tolerance for off-topic posting in 'Circuit Analysis'

Postby modman » 01 Mar 2015, 14:40

Off-topic stuff is not such a big deal anywhere on the forum, except for the central heart of freestompboxes.org:
Circuit Analysis Section

this implies that in this section:
  • off-topic posts and topics will be deleted (or moved)
  • even very kind thanks posts will be deleted if the thread is becoming unreadable - please do go back and give thanks with the THANKS function
  • if you are being a nuisance in any way, you may see your privs restricted to read-only

Your post will never be deleted if they
  • contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
  • if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning

For long I have played with the thought to make blog posts summarizing the main tracings of famous pedals that happened at freestompboxes.org: the list is endless. Of course Klon Centaur, but also Timmy, Suhr Riot, Analogman King of Tone, Cornish, you name it. It would not be right to create this story from one persons perspective, except if it was the tracer himself. That's why will stand by these clumsy threads that document the often painstaking process of establishing schematics for all.

It very seldom is a one man story, more than often cooperation throughout continents, just because of this funny glass fibre cable.
When it works, it' a buzz, even if it takes more than 3 years to finish a tracing. But even then, it's magic it notes left by one are completed by someone else.

Again, please keep the circuit section readable and tight. It the heart of the forum.

thanks for reading this far
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)

For this message the author modman has received thanks: 4
D-Day (02 Mar 2015, 06:41), DrNomis (28 Apr 2015, 17:29), Duckman (01 Mar 2015, 22:03), tabbycat (02 Mar 2015, 03:32)
modman
a d m i n

Have thanks: 498 times

Re: Zero tolerance for off-topic posting in 'Circuit Analysi

Postby Nocentelli » 01 Mar 2015, 15:21

modman wrote:your post will never be deleted if they
contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning

So posting verified layouts (i.e. vero, perf, pcb whether authentic clones of the original pedal OR variations) is still ok? or not?
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.

For this message the author Nocentelli has received thanks:
D-Day (02 Mar 2015, 06:41)
Nocentelli
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 808 times

Re: Zero tolerance for off-topic posting in 'Circuit Analysi

Postby modman » 01 Mar 2015, 15:59

Nocentelli wrote:
modman wrote:your post will never be deleted if they
contain any information about the circuit that is being dissected
if you try to contribute in pictures and reasoning

So posting verified layouts (i.e. vero, perf, pcb whether authentic clones of the original pedal OR variations) is still ok? or not?

That's on topic in the strict sense, layouts are part of the tracing proces:
  • trace
  • establish schematic
  • create layout
  • build report would confirm in a way schematic

But if you create DIY files beyond the first layout that confirms schematic, I would ask to post them in the Stompbox Building.

The idea to avoid the tracing thread to go off on an endless tangent for debugging this and that guy's build.

I just put this thread up to refer to. When I go through threads moderating I tend to delete messages that don't contribute. People will ask why.
True: the thanks function wasn't in place in the beginning of the forum, but still, some threads go on for dozens of pages... nobody r'eads that and the this becomes a vicious circle...
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)

For this message the author modman has received thanks: 7
astrobass (03 Mar 2015, 03:21), D-Day (02 Mar 2015, 06:41), deltafred (01 Mar 2015, 18:47), Duckman (01 Mar 2015, 22:02), Nocentelli (01 Mar 2015, 16:07), pinkjimiphoton (14 Jun 2015, 03:09), tabbycat (02 Mar 2015, 03:33)
modman
a d m i n

Have thanks: 498 times

Return to Announcements and Forum Rules