Need advise with simple mods valveking.

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
Borderline
Information

Post by Borderline »

Heya everyone,

I just have a few quick questions regarding modding my amp and just need some clarfication of a few things. I know how to safely discharge the caps.

The amp is a peavey valveking 20mh and my goal is make the amp a little brighter.

Regarding the picture of the schematic Ive attached, Ive done the following.

1. Changed treble cap C67 from 270pf to 500pf

2. Changed C69 from 470pf to 500pf ( Am I actually making the amp darker here ? )

3. is C70 the bright cap ? which is 270pf. ( should i try a higher value ? )

I like the results but just mainly need clarification on points 2 & 3.

Cheers !!
Attachments
valveee.jpg

blackbunny
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Blackface
Completed builds: Lots of mods to lots of pedals

Post by blackbunny »

Can you post the schematic for the Valveking 20 MH? It's pretty confusing trying to figure out what you are asking, using the partial board layout you posted.

gainaholic
Information

Post by gainaholic »

Hello everyone. Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread, but it's the only one i've found concerning the VK 20MH. I've read on this website (https://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikis ... lectronics) that it's possible to decrease the signal muting duration time when switching channels (a thing that has always bothered me) for the old Valveking 112, but I cannot find any mods for the Peavey Valveking 20MH. Does anyone know this circuit? Which resistor should be replaced and with which value if I want to achieve this? I have experience in soldering but I'm not that good at analysing unknown circuits..

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

As *Black Bunny* already mentioned,, Up to you chaps to chase up a schematic. :thumbsup
Email Peavey with the Model and Serial number of your amplifier, I usually get a reply in a couple of days.
Phil.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

I believe they're fairly free and easy if you ask for schematics, and allot of their " design " decisions are based on maximum value [ maybe not optimal sound ]
so , yeah , do a little digging