Madbean registration problem

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

Hello
I am trying to register on the Madbean forum
faced with the following problem: the forum wrote that I use the Russian email(.ru) but I never use it
I use a Google Account
I heard that the representative(or owner) of the site happens on this forum
Want to know how to register on the forum and solved the problem

POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

can anyone have a link to your account representative madbean I would like to write to him personally

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

Madbean was a member here but left a few years ago. I cannot remember the details but am pretty sure there was some controversy.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

PMowdes
Information

Post by PMowdes »

I had trouble with registering using a Hotmail account. Managed to register fine using googlemail. I think the confirmation email is failing to arrive to some email suppliers

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

It seems that madbean's forum is bugged in some way.

Sometimes I can't login into my account (which was registered using google mail) because of the same reason (.ru domain).
I've got russian IP, btw, but i don't think there is a problem with it.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Madbean did help a lot in capitalizing freestompboxes.org into sellable kits. This wasn't without problems and actions from the IP police.
So I his whole website is dancing around really indentifying the pedal kits he's selling. Trying to link them to the commercial pedal in one sense, but not referring to it objectively. The key to the cloned kit kingdom is that forum of course, that's where you can learn which pedal is which.

I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here, and we call a duck a duck if talk like, walks like, smells like and traces back to duck.

Maybe he's a nice guy, I never met him or care.
Did hear his music, which was kinda of very ok.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Jan1966
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Jan1966 »

modman wrote:Madbean did help a lot in capitalizing freestompboxes.org into sellable kits. This wasn't without problems and actions from the IP police.
So I his whole website is dancing around really indentifying the pedal kits he's selling. Trying to link them to the commercial pedal in one sense, but not referring to it objectively. The key to the cloned kit kingdom is that forum of course, that's where you can learn which pedal is which.

I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here, and we call a duck a duck if talk like, walks like, smells like and traces back to duck.

Maybe he's a nice guy, I never met him or care.
Did hear his music, which was kinda of very ok.
He must have learned a lot of stuff here and is now selling his pcb's from all this info.

peterc
Information

Post by peterc »

I am quite surprised at these negative comments.

I find Brian and Madbean a really good place to hang out. He very rarely clones a pedal directly, he always has some kind of extra input that makes a design interesting.

Witness the Deluxe Memory Man project development, pedals like the Cavedweller and Dirtbaby, for example.

i have been on his forum for about 3 years now and I have never seen a kit for sale by him, only PCBs. A lot of his projects also have single sided etch files as well. There is a whole section called 'Etchers Paradise' that is really good for basic designs.

He had some issues with .ru registrations and spammers so he banned them for a while, but has recently changed that. Have another look at the Forum.

He also offered to host the now defunct Beavis audio site free of charge, with no response and also has sub forums (fora?) for other pedal PCB makers.

I am in no way involved with Madbean but have bought PCBs from him. Good ones too.

Hope this helps
Regards Peter

mwelch55
Information
my favorite amplifier: Modded Marshall
Completed builds: Pedals:
BSIAB2, Tube Screamer Clone, Timmy Clone, Plexi-Drive Clone, Dr Boogie, Rangemaster, GTFO, MicroAmp, Silicon Fuzz Face, Germanium Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi, Rat

Amps:
Single-Ended Marshall Voiced using 6V6,6L6,EL34,5881,6550, or KT88

Post by mwelch55 »

I agree with everything peterc said. Also, the forum members and the admins are very respectful and don't make newbies feel like they are stupid.

Mike

gordo
Information

Post by gordo »

Seriously? The Madbean site and it's owner are some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with, let alone learned from. There were definite issues with *.ru addresses and I believe all of them have been corrected. I would encourage anyone that got bounced to give it another try and join us. I have no affiliation of any sort to the site, but it's my major hang and I'm eternally grateful for all the help it's members have given me over the years.

larsjm
Information

Post by larsjm »

modman wrote: I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
All the info is here, came from here,....
To which "info" and "content" are you referring to? This is a pedal-cloning site. The "info" and "content" is all based off of ideas, schematics, and data sheets that have existed sometimes for several decades...well before this site ever existed. It's ironic that you're claiming ownership to "All the info", when everybody is guilty of taking ideas from someone else when it comes to guitar pedals. Are you really trying to say that the Big Muff, the Tubescreamer, the Klon, the Fuzz Face, the Tonebender, the Electric Mistress, the Phase 90, the CE-2, PT2399-based delays, etc....all the info about all these came from here?

I do get mixed drinks when I hear nonsense like this.

POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

problem solved
Thread can be closed

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

If Madbean's is such a great forum, what are you doing here?
mwelch55 wrote:I agree with everything peterc said. Also, the forum members and the admins are very respectful and don't make newbies feel like they are stupid.
That's because they have no members, but customers. They are a business. It's an economy, stupid newbie!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

I registered and disappointed, not more there'll come)

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

larsjm wrote:
modman wrote: I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
All the info is here, came from here,....
To which "info" and "content" are you referring to? This is a pedal-cloning site. The "info" and "content" is all based off of ideas, schematics, and data sheets that have existed sometimes for several decades...well before this site ever existed. It's ironic that you're claiming ownership to "All the info", when everybody is guilty of taking ideas from someone else when it comes to guitar pedals. Are you really trying to say that the Big Muff, the Tubescreamer, the Klon, the Fuzz Face, the Tonebender, the Electric Mistress, the Phase 90, the CE-2, PT2399-based delays, etc....all the info about all these came from here?

I do get mixed drinks when I hear nonsense like this.
I think you have the bit in bold the wrong way around. Madbean's public forum is an arm of a commercial venture, whereas this site is only about collecting and curating information and accurate schematics for every pedal ever built. Modman has never encouraged people to post layouts or sell pcbs, precisely because it is NOT a pedal-cloning site. Some of the info here may have existed before this website, but much of FSB'S content is freshly traced "boutique" pedals being debunked as semi-clones, or corrections to ages-old, wrong schematics that had been floating around the Internet, backed up with gutshots to confirm "the science".

Madbean's pcbs are all renamed and slightly tweaked from the original circuits they are based upon only to avoid the possibility of being sued for profiting off intellectual property rights transgressions or trademark infringement. The moderators and users at madbean are always nice and polite, chiefly because many posters are potential customers, or have their own pcbs for sale at the same forum. Nothing wrong with that, but it should be acknowledged.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Jan1966
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Jan1966 »

Business Business. You want unobtainium components to complete your builds ? Buy them from my mate who is the only supplier and charges mega bucks for an IC. :roll: