Boss CE-2 Chorus Clone for Trade-So much Mojo!

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
DirtyHarry86
Information

Post by DirtyHarry86 »

This is a Boss CE-2 clone I built with the intention of using as many orange drop and silver mica caps as I could possibly fit! A couple of them dont affect the tone as they deal with time/delay, but they added mojo. :) I also added a switch that can increase the speed of the chorus effect. The result was worth the effort too, but I have too many CE-2 clones and Im looking to trade.
Here are a few things I'd be willing to trade for:
-Boss CS-2
-Combination of a Boss CS-3 and BD-2 or BF-2.
-Ibanez SC10 Chorus
-Ibanez FL-9 Flanger from the 80s
-Boss Df-2

If you dont have any of these feel free to offer a trade deal. Thanks
Attachments
0120170457.jpg
0120170455.jpg

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

DirtyHarry86
Information

Post by DirtyHarry86 »

?

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Don't play dummy will ye.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27959
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

Attachment 1 - what an abortion.

If you want to push your "dripping with mojo pedals" FSB is not the place. Most of the members here have a range of electronic skills ranging from a good basic grasp through to university qualifications and years of experience, most are not impressed with your BS.

Electrons don't know (or care) the colour of a capacitor casing or whether the components that they encounter are mounted directly to a PCB or stood off the board on small pieces of wire.

If you believe that you can hear the difference then try a double blind test. It gets very difficult to hear the difference once you are listening with your ears rather than your eyes.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

DirtyHarry86
Information

Post by DirtyHarry86 »

deltafred wrote:Attachment 1 - what an abortion.

If you want to push your "dripping with mojo pedals" FSB is not the place. Most of the members here have a range of electronic skills ranging from a good basic grasp through to university qualifications and years of experience, most are not impressed with your BS.

Electrons don't know (or care) the colour of a capacitor casing or whether the components that they encounter are mounted directly to a PCB or stood off the board on small pieces of wire.

If you believe that you can hear the difference then try a double blind test. It gets very difficult to hear the difference once you are listening with your ears rather than your eyes.
Obviously, It's not for you.
I'm not pushing anything. It's an offer. I've met accomplished audio engineers who would have a contrary opinion to yours, but oh well.
One of the things I've discovered is the topic of capacitors can make people just as angry as political conversation.
Speaking of which, maybe that's why you are in a bad mood today because Donald J. Trump is now President and not Hillary? It's ok. You will get over it. :)

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

DirtyHarry86 wrote:Obviously, It's not for you.
I'm not pushing anything. It's an offer. I've met accomplished audio engineers who would have a contrary opinion to yours, but oh well.
One of the things I've discovered is the topic of capacitors can make people just as angry as political conversation.
Speaking of which, maybe that's why you are in a bad mood today because Donald J. Trump is now President and not Hillary? It's ok. You will get over it. :)
Life is too short to argue with idiots, 'bye.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

If you really want to improve a CE-2, add a converter for a higher supply voltage, not mojo bullshit caps.
And if you want to make a good pedal to put on a pedalboard, make it smaller.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

if this is a working pedal shouldn't it be in the " seen for sale " category ?

" Parts Sourcing & Trading
Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got components surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please. "

bool
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by bool »

Aww ... so much Mojo!

Mojo is good for you.