For all Korn fans....

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
U_gene
Information

Post by U_gene »

NOTES:

You can also use an SMPS rather than a transformer. There are some good kits on Ebay, particularly one from Brazil that works well, putting out 350 B+ without problems. If run on 9v, skip the 10k dropping resistor going to the board because that was used to drop from 12v to 9v.

You can also use 2n2222's in Q1 and Q4 and BC108's in Q2 and Q3.

The original had a resistor connecting Q4 collector to Q1 collector.This is what provides the notable oscillation when strings are muted, or no input. 220K is recommended, as lower values will bleed too much dry signal.

boby6kiler
Information

Post by boby6kiler »

thanks very nice
have you got vidéo to ear this one
thanks

U_gene
Information

Post by U_gene »

boby6kiler wrote:thanks very nice
have you got vidéo to ear this one
thanks
https://www.soundcloud.com/nickspera/biggermuffpedal

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

U-gene, I don't know who you are or where you got this information, but if it was from me directly, you would have been told to never share it on a forum for liability reason as well as that being the wish of the Indigo guys. So right now, I'm gonna ask you to remove this thread and have the decency to email me an apology. I will also report this thread to the moderators. I'm not playing around dude.

boby6kiler
Information

Post by boby6kiler »

are you sure there is a 220k resistor to conect q1 and q4 ?

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

I'll answer that one. At the time, I thought there was a feedback path because the real BiggerMuff would squeal all time. But that is not the case. The real reason why it does that has nothing to with a resistor and everything to do with the tone. You can build this if you wish. It's not 100% accurate, not even 90%. I haven't shared those details nor will I. Those details were found out when i visited with Ross Robinson at his studio and will keep them safe, at his request. Unlike this piece of shit U-gene, who shares information against my advice, mostly because I haven't worked all the kinks out, secondly it's a dangerous build. Enjoy your pedal. It will sound a lot like a regular muff if you build it like the picture.

boby6kiler
Information

Post by boby6kiler »

nick your first version is just a little différent no ?
the difference is the 220k on q1 and q2 and you run with a smps 12v ? or your schematic is wrong ?

on the real bigger muff i dont see the 220k but i dont know ...
thanks guys the nick bigger muff soudcloud soud cool to me :-)

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

Both versions have mistakes, I just never updated them

boby6kiler
Information

Post by boby6kiler »

nick you are the best person to make cry the bigger muff
please if you find the correct schematic email me ^^

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

That's just not going to happen. But feel free to build this one. It will sound like a regular Big Muff

pinkjimiphoton
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: my own, a redesigned princeton
Completed builds: so fucking many goddamn pedals it would make your ass hurt just looking at 'em all!!!!!
there's videos that totally suck of about 90 of 'em here:
http://youtube.com/666pinkster
gimme a like: http://facebook.com/pinkjimiphotonrocks

Post by pinkjimiphoton »

so .... now your retard ass is HERE crying too?
go fuck yourself. dick.

you went to aron's and got people to help you out so you could try and SELL this shit,... sure, the guys you wanted to rip off by having people
figure it out for you are fine with that, no doubt about it.

you get what ya deserve. report to the moderators? you don't own the circuit or the patent or the copyright for ANY of it. so go fuck yourself.

further, you can talk shit that the circuit ain't right, even tho you posted it on aron's as a gesture of goodwill, only to claim it's wrong here and now there?

shit, your tardfounded ass contacted ME privately bragging about it and asking me to build it from the build doc you said is WRONG?

you are a fuckin asshole.

with luck, both aron and the mods HERE will BAN you ass. jerk.

you can't do this shit on your own. so you asked for backup from good people that helped you. then you turn on them thinking you can sell pcbs of something you don't own and didn't even design or work out yourself?

you should be ashamed of yourself. and then blaming my brother dino whom was one of the main guys who helped you? and saying he posted your shit when you posted it ALL to a public forum? good thing for you not too many people wanna sound like that lol.
you are hardly the first person to figure out you can use a nixie power supply to power other tubes.
there's all kinds of ways to do this. all to add a stage to a big muff... yay, high five. yawn

dick.

unlike aron's here we take a very different viewpoint on electronic circuits. here we share this information for knowledge for the free good will of everyone but the latest douche slinging a fuzzface or a toob screamer... or a big muff.

go the fuck away.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

Go ahead. build it that way. Call me when your scratching your head. Or build something "better", i don't care.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

We have another "little Lance" do we?
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Now what's all this then? :popcorn:
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

NPSpera
Information

Post by NPSpera »

Modman, please close this thread. I reported it earlier and now it's gotten out of control.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

NPSpera wrote:Modman, please close this thread. I reported it earlier and now it's gotten out of control.
Anybody who decides to use offensive language will have to live with it. I can only ask people to be civilised.
Along the same vein, I will not take down the schematic. It's doesn't matter any longer, it's out there now. The only reason other forums have different policies is because of the personal or commercial interests. None of those apply here.
Anyways, it's just a Big Muff...
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

Really - what is all the fuss about? It's a crappy circuit, that sounds pretty abysmal. Using a Nixie supply to power bottles isn't new science - I used to do it as a kid, to power the 1T4 "battery" valves in my homebrew radio receivers! Incidentally, you really have to get the right Nixie supply - most of them operate at high audio frequencies, so your pedal will whistle rather loudly!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

pinkjimiphoton
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: my own, a redesigned princeton
Completed builds: so fucking many goddamn pedals it would make your ass hurt just looking at 'em all!!!!!
there's videos that totally suck of about 90 of 'em here:
http://youtube.com/666pinkster
gimme a like: http://facebook.com/pinkjimiphotonrocks

Post by pinkjimiphoton »

hahahah, mictester, that's a FEATURE, didnt ya know that? lmao
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!

ebkiss
Information

Post by ebkiss »

modman wrote: Along the same vein, I will not take down the schematic. It's doesn't matter any longer, it's out there now. The only reason other forums have different policies is because of the personal or commercial interests. None of those apply here.
Anyways, it's just a Big Muff...
But what happens if someone comes along and clones the clone?!? Hasn't anybody thought of that? What'll happen next? Clones of clones of clones? Clones of clones of clones of clones??! Before you know it, everyone will have built seven Big Muffs without even realizing it! Madness! :shock:!!

tonight, we ride
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall JCM 900 2500
Completed builds: TS-808 kit, Orange Squeezer kit, Super Duper clone, Big Muff (russian re-issue) creamy dreamer switchable mod,

Post by tonight, we ride »

NPSpera wrote:Unlike this piece of shit U-gene, who shares information against my advice, mostly because I haven't worked all the kinks out, secondly it's a dangerous build.
Holy moly buddy...

Over at the "Other Forum" you asked for people to share information regarding things such as: how to power this pedal, what to do when your power supply wasn't working as anticipated, working out the details of the schematic, drill hole sizes and graphic software templates. You even made it pretty obvious that you were using information from Kit Rae's site and TagBoardEffects for something that you intended to sell.

If people hadn't shared information with YOU, you'd still be scratching your head over this thing.

You're obviously not obligated to share anything that you don't want to, but get some fucking perspective. Someone else sharing that information is not a violation of anything, no matter where they got the info.