Lovepedal HiVolt

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

I've got the original schematic for the love pedal hi volt which is a mu-amp cascading JFET design only problem is this is the actual love pedal schematic from sean so it needs to be re-drawn I believe if I want to share and post it which I could use a hand with
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

https://www.expresspcb.com

..has a free schematic drawing program which is intuitive and easy to use. Or you could email me the schematic and I'll redraw it. Pm me if you're interested in the easy option
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

sent you a PM
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28214

Thanks to Belanger88 -
Hi volt schem nocentelli.png
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Slight revision (connected "hot" ends of treble + middle EQ pots to last opamp inverting input, EQ pot lug numbers labelled)

gigelmargel
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by gigelmargel »

Hello!

I've just finished HiVolt, using the excellent layout from Effectslayout (https://effectslayouts.blogspot.ro/2017 ... 0814985595), but it didn't work. I found that the problem comes from the power supply part, which is wrong on the schematic.
So, you must disconnect 1N4001 diode from the pin 7 of MAX1044 and connect it to pin 8 (as I saw in many others schematic).

Now it works, but not as in videos. It hasn't a tight sound. It has a muffled sound. Maybe there are other errors in the schematic? I compared the FET part with BSIAB2 and some values are very different. The most strange part for me is the 33nF+10K+3.9K filter. What is for?
The tone pots has a weak action, especially for the mids.

Thank you!

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

My bad on the voltage doubler - I should have spotted that.
The EQ is weird, but pretty sure it's accurate
Attachments
bandpass.png

gigelmargel
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by gigelmargel »

Nocentelli wrote:My bad on the voltage doubler - I should have spotted that.
The EQ is weird, but pretty sure it's accurate
The 10K+3.9K seems strange because it is easier to put a very common 14K or 15K instead :)

I will make some sound tests before the filter. I biased the last FET at 8V (half of the power supply).

Anyway, maybe someone which has the pedal can recheck the values. For example, the 820K in HiVolt is only 82K in BSIAB. I don't have many electdonic knowledges...

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

i've built it twice using the posted schematic (with a corrected charge pump) and it doesn't sound anything like the original. the distortion is very ugly sounding so i think that there are a few more errors with the re-draw besides the charge pump.

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

well, Jesse sent the schematic and i checked it. the only other difference besides the charge pump issue is that the 820K resistor at the gate of the 5th Jfet is an 882K one as per Sean's schematic. other than that it matches it.
i've tried both an 820K and an 82K but to no avail. this one matches the one that Jesse sent me.
Attachments
Hi volt schem nocentelli1200.png

gigelmargel
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by gigelmargel »

johnk wrote:well, Jesse sent the schematic and i checked it. the only other difference besides the charge pump issue is that the 820K resistor at the gate of the 5th Jfet is an 882K one as per Sean's schematic. other than that it matches it.
i've tried both an 820K and an 82K but to no avail. this one matches the one that Jesse sent me.
After I made the link that you suggested about the pin 3 of the mid pot, mine works almost OK. The main problem is a huge noise (but, as I remeber, BSIAB is noisy by default). Moreover, the mids are a little strange, like a fixed wah :)

Thank you very much!

hozy31
Information

Post by hozy31 »

Hi gigelmargel, what was the link you added to lug 3 of mids pot, i can't seem to find any mention of it?

gigelmargel
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by gigelmargel »

hozy31 wrote:Hi gigelmargel, what was the link you added to lug 3 of mids pot, i can't seem to find any mention of it?
I added link in the layout from here: http://effectslayouts.blogspot.ro/2017/ ... -volt.html...in the comments you can read exactly where :)

Good luck!

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

hozy31 wrote:Hi gigelmargel, what was the link you added to lug 3 of mids pot, i can't seem to find any mention of it?
Nocentelli wrote:Post subject: Re: Lovepedal HiVolt Posted: 11 Mar 2017, 12:07

Slight revision (connected "hot" ends of treble + middle EQ pots to last opamp inverting input, EQ pot lug numbers labelled)
Belanger88 wrote:...only problem is this is the actual love pedal schematic from sean

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

So, there is still no verified schematic?