DOD - 250 Overdrive Preamp reissue "Gold Box"

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
perregrintuk
Information

Post by perregrintuk »

Hey guys,

I tried the new gold box DOD 250, Build by digitech. I think it is an awesome DOD 250 Version with a Little More bottom end and little more compression.

Do you have a schematic or a list of Parts for this Version? I just could find the Lists and parts for all Other older Version.

The reason WHy I ask is, because I'm building a gray at the moment, and think about adding a Little more bass to it...

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

If your goal is a grey 250 with more bass and compression instead of an exact duplicate of the DigiTech's limited edition, then you don't really need a schematic of the latter.

You could try and use a higher value for the .047µF cap. Start with the stock value and work your way up until you have enough bass.
After that, try lower values than the stock 10k resistor on the clipping diodes until you are pleased with the amount of compression.

Experiment ! Only you have your ears and know what you like.
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

Old thread, new information.
I found a nice blog post with schematics by drdFX Stompboxes about the trusty old grey, its yellow/gold grandson and the writer's own modified version as well, the drdFX250+.
http://drdfx.hu/en/250/
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.