Connect Amplifier to Earphone

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
ailexs
Information

Post by ailexs »

Dud… :scratch:
I m working on building amplifier based on TDA2822 which receives input from my phone and feeds them into a small 2″ speaker provided by 9 v battery.
I connected the circuit but am not understanding 1 thing…
I bought a new earphone and removed its wires..(cause such wires are not available in my area) then i stripped the insulation of left earphone. I got tho wires inside.
I m not understanding where to connect those wires to input of amplifier …. So please comment on how to give inputs to that amplifier.
I mean…. I got 2 wires…. One red and one coppery color…on breaking left earphone…. And other 2 wires… Red and coppr again… An breaking right earphone… amp circuit diagram says that red of left earphone to be given to pin 6 and red of right earphone to pin 7… What to do of remaining teo copper wires??
The datasheet of TDA822
my TDA2822 became too hot after an hour of using it…..so i want to know which amp is small in size but provides undistorted o\p with in voltage 3V and above… it should be ultra small and no external caps, resistance etc…..

and which is best small amp??

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

ailexs wrote:Dud… :scratch:
I m not understanding where to connect those wires to input of amplifier …. So please comment on how to give inputs to that amplifier.
I mean…. I got 2 wires…. One red and one coppery color…on breaking left earphone…. And other 2 wires… Red and coppr again… An breaking right earphone… amp circuit diagram says that red of left earphone to be given to pin 6 and red of right earphone to pin 7… What to do of remaining teo copper wires??
The datasheet of TDA822
You have stereo,, so 2 hot signal wires go to pin 1 and 16 and the other 2 ground wires go to Circuit Common or ground. Circuit common is also pin 4,5,12 and 13 on the chip.
Pin 6 and 11 are speaker outputs,, Resistor RL is the speaker (Load).
The flat line at the bottom of all the passive components is also circuit Common.
ailexs wrote: my TDA2822 became too hot after an hour of using it…..so i want to know which amp is small in size but provides undistorted o\p with in voltage 3V and above… it should be ultra small and no external caps, resistance etc…..
Small chips on low voltage are unlikely to give a clean output especially with big distortion and booster pedal circuits.
I doubt many exist, most chip amps require some external passives to work.
ailexs wrote: and which is best small amp??
Other may know more about that, at such small power it's hardly worth trying to improve.
Phil.

rymonsandy
Information

Post by rymonsandy »

I was at a cousins house and he had this adopter thing which was like a small piece of metal that you plug your headphones into and the n plug it into the amp. his came in a kit his mom bought him so he don't know what they are called. please help me find this.... it didn't look like it'd cost more then 5 bucks. link please?

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

rymonsandy wrote:plug it into the amp
Plug it into what, the speaker output? Line level? Headphone out?!
Was it a simple 6.3 to 3.5 mm adapter?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

rymonsandy wrote:I was at a cousins house and he had this adopter thing which was like a small piece of metal that you plug your headphones into and the n plug it into the amp. his came in a kit his mom bought him so he don't know what they are called. please help me find this.... it didn't look like it'd cost more then 5 bucks. link please?
Why don't you ask your cousin, or his mom?
Surely the amp had a headphone output, if you connect it to the speaker output, it will blow up half of your headphones.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Jan1966
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Jan1966 »

kit his mom bought him so he don't know what they are called.

What was the kit? Did he read the packaging or instructions. That might give you a clue to what you need.

rymonsandy
Information

Post by rymonsandy »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, My cosine suggests me a website which is really good and provides branded earphones at an affordable price.:)
Here is the website:
https://www.mightyape.co.nz/electronics/headphones

I think you should try this. :D 8)

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

Spam and trigonometry, eh? These bots are getting clever :D.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)