Is there any book about pedal switching system history ?

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.

Is there any book about pedal switching system history ?

Postby riszkymf » 29 Jan 2018, 13:29

Okay, so I'm an engineering student and for my final project i've decided to build a pedal switching system. Is there any information about the history of pedal switching system ? if not, what is the first switching system that was released on the market ?

I'm sorry for my ignorance and thank you for your answer :oops:
riszkymf

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Is there any book about pedal switching system history ?

Postby alexradium » 29 Jan 2018, 22:47

the basic building block idea was from Craig Anderton,there are a couple books around of his projects,that was the inspiration for Bob Bradshaw to come up with a complete system footswitchable,he was the pioneer and later brought midi ,along with mass production thanks to Rocktron facilities.
On the other side of the ocean,England,Pete Cornish did pedalboards for all the main rockstars,it was more of a rehousing and interfacing pedal effects in a custom board.
There are several interviews with Bradshaw on YT so you can understand the evolution.
alexradium
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 54 times

Re: Is there any book about pedal switching system history ?

Postby riszkymf » 30 Jan 2018, 08:44

alexradium wrote:the basic building block idea was from Craig Anderton,there are a couple books around of his projects,that was the inspiration for Bob Bradshaw to come up with a complete system footswitchable,he was the pioneer and later brought midi ,along with mass production thanks to Rocktron facilities.
On the other side of the ocean,England,Pete Cornish did pedalboards for all the main rockstars,it was more of a rehousing and interfacing pedal effects in a custom board.
There are several interviews with Bradshaw on YT so you can understand the evolution.

thank you man, you're a lifesaver !
riszkymf

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Davidoff Library