Friedman - Buxom Boost  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
bugg
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Twin

Post by bugg »

Lithium_Grim
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Lithium_Grim »

That is a complex powersection. Why so complex, normally a -9v requires a lot less components? Can anyone give some insight?
I only give negativ feedback and y'all love it!
PCB shop

toneman
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything that works
Completed builds: meatolation, wobolation, ringolation clones, PAiA synths/modulars, dipthonizer clone, MOTM modules, pedal mods and repairs

Post by toneman »

Q1 and VR1 form a preregulator for the LT1054 which is sensitive to overvoltage.
Too much input and POOF!
U could do this with 2 9V batteries but what's the fun in that?
8)
Tone-to-the-Bone

LeroyP
Information

Post by LeroyP »

The first to op amps have gains of only 1.47 each?? Is that right?? With the gain control turned up full the total numerical gain for the three stages combined is only around 20 (26db).
This could be achieved by having one stage and a 200k pot instead of the three stages plus the 100k pot.

Am i missing something??

Thanks
Leroy

alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

LeroyP wrote:The first to op amps have gains of only 1.47 each?? Is that right?? With the gain control turned up full the total numerical gain for the three stages combined is only around 20 (26db).
This could be achieved by having one stage and a 200k pot instead of the three stages plus the 100k pot.

Am i missing something??

Thanks
Leroy
26 dB is plenty of gain for any application,as a clean boost,the use of more stages is because of the tight filter to work independently of the volume boost and be separated from the guitar input.
Even if you could kill 3 birds with one stone,why not throwing a couple more for fun if it doesn't cost much more,i mean 2 or 3 TL072s cost very low money,they are machine mounted in big quantities and the pedal sold to more than 200.

screamingdemon
Information

Post by screamingdemon »

Question i orderd the pcb but what type of caps should i use.Panasonics stacked metal film or polyfilm.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

screamingdemon wrote:Question i orderd the pcb but what type of caps should i use.Panasonics stacked metal film or polyfilm.
Just by it looks, the pcb is designed to use boxed capacitors (epcos, wima, arcotronics and others) with 5mm lead spacing (63-100v), but you can use any other type that fits - polyfilm, metal film, ceramics etc with no tonal difference. Just avoid using cheap unbranded caps.