Moog - MuRF

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

can enyone say something about this simple circuit?
is it like the Fuzz Face,or it is different?
schematic?

p.s.

.... Alex Frias is not going to understand this kind of humor..... :applause:
sorry Alex...I know that there is 8 filter array......bla bla bla......but some guts? or schem??? :thumbsup
Last edited by borislavgajic on 27 Jun 2008, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Frias
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Alex Frias »

Gosh...

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

I found this......https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/ ... dsmall.jpg

but how would you make switching those filters? any ideas?

and patent from moog...http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4117413.html

sequencer like in seekwah?.........help me please :|

Supafuzz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Supafuzz »

borislavgajic wrote:I found this......https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/ ... dsmall.jpg

but how would you make switching those filters? any ideas?

and patent from moog...http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4117413.html

sequencer like in seekwah?.........help me please :|
No. Just a 1/4 octave high mid-treble equalizer. Its output is mixed with original signal so it basically produces a kind of comb filter response.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

thank You ...... but do you have some idea??? how it is done :?: :idea:

have a nice day

Alex Frias
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Alex Frias »

It's more complicated than FF's, pal!
It will get one or two transistors more!!!

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

:thumbsup I know.......but I am ready if you are ( just need some good pictures)......and help from my friends.... :thumbsup
we all could do anything........that is why this beaytiful place is called FREESTOMPBOXES

AND everybody DON'T FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!! :hug:

P.S
addicted to smiles

celadine
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by celadine »

Ah, the filter schem you have looks like the "combats aural fatigue" filter Moog patented and which was used in the Norlin Lab series guitar amps.

For the most part the murf isn't a mystery. 8 graphic eq filters; each filter has its own VCA (voltage controlled amplifier). A micro-controller (PIC, atmel AVR, etc.) handles the sequencing and envelope generation. The unknown is how it does the frequency modulation of all 8 filters at once ('chorus'). There are many obvious ways to do this, but they involve additional circuitry for each filter. IMO the frequency modulation is some side effect of the filter construction which makes the modulation easily implemented.

If you want to clone this, practice your micro-controller programming... :block:

pbone
Information

Post by pbone »

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk6 ... hoto11.jpg

Some guts. Looks like a dual-tiered PCB. I'm returning it today so I wasn't too hot on taking it all apart, but there's the first part.

celadine
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by celadine »

:shock: holeeeeee...

O.K., maybe the sequencer is analog! Did you happen to see what kind of chips are in there?

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

pbone wrote:https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk6 ... hoto11.jpg

Some guts. Looks like a dual-tiered PCB. I'm returning it today so I wasn't too hot on taking it all apart, but there's the first part.
thank you.................but it looks very easy to build and even easier to trace :hmmm:

.........like superhardon :( :? :blackeye :blackeye :blackeye