Zvex - Jonny Octave  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
arctumeda
Information

Post by arctumeda »

hum ... I think the second circuit is wired in parallel.
For the transformer, there are 45€ shipping cost to France :cry: :hmmm: :cry: :hmmm: :scratch: .
For this reason, I ask somebody to sell me two of this transformer, because I don't want to buy they with shipping cost so high !

Regards,

Guillaume

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

if you can find some old transistor radio....you can find trafo in it!!!! it was connected to drive a speaker..........or try to wind your own :horsey:

and YES pcb's are connected in series............IT WAS MADE FROM SCHEMATIC (not tested)
nobody post gutshots......schem was drown based on text.........and Zwex took it from the Brasss master schem.............modified it

:thumbsup

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

would the radio shack audio tranny work too? i figure why not right? as long as you have something to provide the rectification? idk... not really an engineer ya know haha.

puppiesonacid

arctumeda
Information

Post by arctumeda »

Hum .... I don't understand why you show me an transformer who it is'nt an TL002. I ask this question, because I know that the transformer have got different Impedance ( Input and Output ). I too a question about this transformer.
Can I buy two of this transformer, and ta change the value of the impedance with an differant metal wire. However, I don't know how must be the value for the pedal ( the schematic don't tell anything about it ).

Guillaume

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

The TL002 is specced as a 10K-2KCT driver, if you check the LT44 it is 20K-1KCT driver, and in a crappy (read less than critical) octave cct should work. The other trafo's are mini output trafo's (12KCT-32R and 1KCT-8R).

arctumeda
Information

Post by arctumeda »

Ok I see ... On the like site I've seen this transformer who have an 2KCT output. However, it's an 2KCT, not an 2K, so I don't know if it will work.

Guillaume

edit : this one should correspond too, but it has an high input impedance (20k).
Well, what of this two transformer should work ?

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

Ok, stop, breathe. :D
The second link you gave is the same transformer as the LT44 at Maplin.

The first link is the same as the Mouser trafo. The CT means Centre Tap, but you dont have to use it, just leave the centre tap on the primary disconnected. You need the CT on the secondary, as ground reference for rectification.

But this is assuming that the T002 is what is actually used in the JO.

WhiteKeyHole
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by WhiteKeyHole »

borislavgajic wrote:if you can find some old transistor radio....you can find trafo in it!!!! it was connected to drive a speaker..........or try to wind your own :horsey:

and YES pcb's are connected in series............IT WAS MADE FROM SCHEMATIC (not tested)
nobody post gutshots......schem was drown based on text.........and Zwex took it from the Brasss master schem.............modified it

:thumbsup
Yeah, it's important to note that I drew this schematic based on information provided in this thread and it is untested. I have built something similar to it, but in my version I omitted the "driver" (2N3392 and support components) in the "modulator driver" stage. The 42TL002 is the transformer said to be used by the post I got most of the information from. I used 42TM022 with acceptable results.

arctumeda
Information

Post by arctumeda »

Hi all,

Torchy, I know how to Breathe, and I was not exitd when I written my last message :lol:
So, ty a lot for your information about the transformers.

WhiteKeyHole, Why did u say that this layout " is untested" ? I believed u've blid one of this pedal from your schematic ...

Guillaume

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

:D
I meant the links were getting confusing lol.

I just breadboarded a JO using my own schem but the same topology, and used the Maplins trafos. Needs a couple changes but sounding decent so far.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

and what would that changes be???
please could You let us see (hear) ????:thumbsup

greetings

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

and still no guts???nobody............ :?:

this thread was my first...... :oops:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

does someone have pictures of original J.O. ..........?
thanks
b.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

borislavgajic wrote:does someone have pictures of original J.O. ..........?
thanks
b.
what about now???....nobody :D :D :D :slap:

p.s.
this was mine firs post in this forum.....so I am emotionall

sadrew
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sadrew »

mrkaploca
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mrkaploca »

sadrew wrote:would this transformer work?

http://www.banzaieffects.com/TM002-Tran ... 22401.html
It should be ok

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

borislavgajic wrote:can somebodu post guts pictures from both sides of JONNY's pcb?????
please,and thank you :?: :!:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yes?no?

thank you

borislav

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

borislavgajic wrote:
borislavgajic wrote:can somebodu post guts pictures from both sides of JONNY's pcb?????
please,and thank you :?: :!:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yes?no?

thank you

borislav

am I anoying? with two n-s....... :thumbsup

not giving up.....yet

panchokunstmann
Information

Post by panchokunstmann »

I've been looking this pedal for years. The pedal on the demos sounded amazing and live sounds even better, it's really HUGE! :horsey:

I did almost all the slow work! Please look at if I missed something because I will have the pedal for only a few days.

I leave the important photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149435924 ... 194349996/

Here is the complete photo album:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dwjwybt7q1jd ... b5NMa?dl=0

Thanks