RM classic fuzz > wooly mammoth

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
theyear2042
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by theyear2042 »

anyone noticed the similarity's between the RM classic fuzz and the zvex woolly mammoth

i was just looking at the various schems on AG's site and noticed that the RM classic fuzz looked like a starting point for the woolly mammoth.

interesting.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

[cynical on]
Impossible!!! Blasphemy!!!

VZEX circuits are all originals to the bone, deveped over years by Zachary himself. All possible relation to other older designs is purely coincidence. It is posts like this that hurt Zach the most. Although impossible to find evidence nowadays Zach has been very helpful to DIY-ers in the past. Is this the way to thank him for all he has generously given to the world!!???
[/cynical off]

Interesting observation. When I feel like diving into fuzz circuits again I'll check it out. Expect response around may 2015... :mrgreen:
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Cow4prez
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Cow4prez »

:lol:

bumblebee
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: ‘65 Twin Reverb
Completed builds: Fuzz & Preamps mostly.

Post by bumblebee »

The woolly mammoth was actualy designed by chuck zwicky, not vzex. But how "designed" well, its a fuzz face with a gate and tonestack.
I so dislike the modern digital world that I need to use semi-digital effects to emulate the analog world of cassette, VHS, and vinyl.

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I think the former use of the "new ideas" were already disclosed in the Wooly Mammoth thread - if not here, then in the other forum.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

theyear2042
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by theyear2042 »

analogguru wrote:I think the former use of the "new ideas" were already disclosed in the Wooly Mammoth thread - if not here, then in the other forum.

analogguru
ah, ok - have not been around for a while ;)