Effectrode - Tube Vibe

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

toneman wrote:Has it been determined if this is, 4 sure, just a 2-layer pcb?

or is it a 4-layer?? (with "poured gnds" on the top and bottom.)
Nope.. just a 2 layer.

borislavgajic wrote:great!!!! thanks Greg............please...I could not read value of output condenser......one conected to volume pot......?
680n 63V

Boris.. will try to send original pics direct to you today.. I've just been busy.

I have no way to determine the wattage of the resistors.. sorry.
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

thanks Greg..........it is 2 layer PCB.....termal pads conected to pins 4 and 5 are for heating 12V.....ground plane on component side of board is conected to +12 voltage.....not shown on my PCB layout......

an Greg...could you check values for R1 and R19...... :block:

thanks

boris

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

borislavgajic wrote:
an Greg...could you check values for R1 and R19...... :block:

thanks

boris
Sorry.. I missed R19.. it's on the list now - 10K.
All the resistors were checked by colour codes and then confirmed with DMM.

toneman
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything that works
Completed builds: meatolation, wobolation, ringolation clones, PAiA synths/modulars, dipthonizer clone, MOTM modules, pedal mods and repairs

Post by toneman »

is there an R17?

8)
Tone-to-the-Bone

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

Just to add one more picture :thumbsup

hey Greg.....yours is numero 50.......and this one is number 62 :D

boris

p.s.
no progress on powering? schematic :block:
Attachments
tv_socket.jpg

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

here I've find this...
http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/2 ... ato-pedal/
• Internal DIP switch allows selection between two entirely different LFO wave shapes to drive the bulb. One voicing utilises a pseudo-square wave to achieve a deep, thick and swampy throb to sound like an original Uni-Vibe on steroids. The other is a more subtle triangle wave, producing uniform sweep for smooth and natural chorus effects.

Another internal DIP configures the Tube-Vibe for either vibe mode or vibe-wah mode. More subtle than wah-wah and very cool sounding.
now...Greg ...is this possible.???....did You try to switch this little SW? is there really wah possible.....I think NO.....it have something to do with PIC ...for bulb controlling......

thanks

boris

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

I've tried the switches every which way.

I can get Vibe in 2 forms.. one very nice and natural and one that's exaggerated and not too useable.
No auto wah sounds.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Greg_G wrote:I've tried the switches every which way.

I can get Vibe in 2 forms.. one very nice and natural and one that's exaggerated and not too useable.
No auto wah sounds.
Yes ...it is square/triangle wawe switching for LFO........how those people make their reviews? do they try pedal at all?

thanks Greg :thumbsup

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

here is nice component and circuit description...

http://pedaler.eu/webshop/catalog/produ ... cts_id=333

:thumbsup
boris

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

borislavgajic wrote:here is nice component and circuit description...

http://pedaler.eu/webshop/catalog/produ ... cts_id=333

boris
Thanks, as it comes to tube stuff Boris is always on the FireLine!
:applause:
:D

looseEelBalls
Information

Post by looseEelBalls »

I see what you're doing here fellas,.... and I LIKE IT!!! Oh... tubes, I love 'em. Keep up the good work!

So who's gonna' tackle the Tube Drive next? I've been frantically searching the internet for a schematic.
I have a nice new Hammond enclosure just waiting for me to start drilling it into a Tube Driven overdrive. Of course, I will undoubtedly realize after I'm done, that I drilled the damn thing the wrong way on one side, effectively turning that enclosure into a non-functional ashtray; then drive 40 minutes and buy a new enclosure to sit on my desk untouched for at least a week until I can build up enough momentum to give it another go.

Greenmachine
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
Completed builds: Electra Distortion
Roger Mayer Octavia
Klon Centaur (Bajaman/Soulsonic)
DOD 440 Envelope Filter
MXR Phase 90
DOD FET Preamp
Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
Soulsonic Hunny Bunny Overdrive
BYOC Analog Delay
Craig Anderton Headphone Amp
Anderton Mini Amp
Bajaman Real Tube Overdrive
Fender Deluxe 5E3 with Tone Stack Mod.
Fender Princeton 5F2-a
Keen Neovibe
Aquapuss Delay
Anderton AMS-100 Guitar Synth (abandoned)
DOD 280 Compressor
Weird Sound Generator
Beavis Audio Noisy Cricket
80's Rat
ROG Thor
Big Muff
Green Ringer
Shin-Ei Fuzz
MXR Dynacomp
COT50
Really Cheap Compressor

Post by Greenmachine »

looseEelBalls wrote:I see what you're doing here fellas,.... and I LIKE IT!!! Oh... tubes, I love 'em. Keep up the good work!

So who's gonna' tackle the Tube Drive next? I've been frantically searching the internet for a schematic.
I have a nice new Hammond enclosure just waiting for me to start drilling it into a Tube Driven overdrive. Of course, I will undoubtedly realize after I'm done, that I drilled the damn thing the wrong way on one side, effectively turning that enclosure into a non-functional ashtray; then drive 40 minutes and buy a new enclosure to sit on my desk untouched for at least a week until I can build up enough momentum to give it another go.
Dude, if you use the search function, you'll find there are already two complete Tube Overdrive projects on the board.
"[Y]ou want sketchy, dude? I breadboard on a door." -- RnFR, 2011
"This amp is freakin loud, like crazy, I'm going to kill pets loud." -- mich, 2011

looseEelBalls
Information

Post by looseEelBalls »

Greenmachine, thanks for the heads up. I already had the chance to check out the search function and looked at the tube overdrives. :) I'm not interested in a starved plate tube overdrive. I own a Chandler and its OK, but I'm interested in full plate voltage tube pedals. (The other build on here is a real McTube or Twin Tube, or something, right?) I saw the blackstar project, but it has a lot of solid state components, only two gain stages, and I'm not in love with the tone.

I've heard many tube overdrives, and I love the Effectrode and Kingsley Jouster. The Matchless is decent, I think, but if I remember, it may have been a bit brittle sounding. Many of the other ones I've heard just plain blow. I'm interested in the architecture of the Effectrode and Kingsley, particularly the Effectrode. I would love to learn how he integrates the Baxandall tone stack across the gain stages, the way he develops gain across six gain stages, why he uses a 12AT7 for the last 2 stages on the Drive (yet, uses an AT7 for the last 4 stages on the vibe).
I just found out about the Kingsley Jester/Jouster a day or two ago, and it sounds fantastic to my taste (doesn't look as cool as the Effectrode, but ain't no thang). I would love to learn to build that one as well and find out how that one produces such a great tone across four 12AX7 stages.

Now, I'd like to steer this back to the Vibe. I've searching for the Great Vibe for years. This effectrode has a lot of potential, and just may be the "one". The Effectrode Tube Vibe and the Foxrox Aquavibe are the two vibes that really just tickle 'em for me.

Jack5
Information

Post by Jack5 »

Resurrecting this one to see if the audio part of the circuit was ever finalised. Doesn't seem to be within this thread with a few component values missing.

What about electricdruids VCLFO to oscillate a bulb? Reckon you could tweak / edit the waveform tables until your happy with the vibe if one of the standard waveforms (with distort function) doesn't do it.

mrkaploca
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mrkaploca »

Did u guys manage to trace bulb driver circuitry? Probably PWM driving transistor? :hmmm:

iznogoud
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Triaxis+Marshall 20/20+ Electrovoice

Post by iznogoud »

Does anyone has built one?

guigos
Information

Post by guigos »

No updates about this?