Blending top and bottom of pcb in photoshop?

How do you trace a circuit from a stompbox you have? How to remove that ugly goop in your boutique stomper? All secrets are releaved here...
chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

So what do you guys use whan youre blending the top and solder side of pcb's for ease of tracing?

GIMP or pretty much anything? I know, total noob q. :oops:
Skyline FX 2013

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

I use Paint Shop Pro. Get them round about the same size, paste a mirrored component view over the track side as a new layer, and then alter the transparency of the new layer till it looks good.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

You can also play with blending modes to highlight the different tracks. Try a difference mode and the parts where the cross one other will become more obvious.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

photofiltre. free version. easily done .. paintshop/photoshop/gimp et al confuse this fella too much.. not interested in a learning curve thanks.
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

Skyline FX 2013

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

Paste each image in its own layer. Adjust the opacity of the top layer down so that you can see "through" it. You can also adjust contrast or brightness (or use Adjust>Levels in Photoshop) to make things easier to see.

Gimp can do all of that.

JiM
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Completed builds :
Proco Rat
MXR MicroAmp in a volume pedal
TubeDriver (w/ NoS russian tube and big muff tone contol) + Phase 45 (w/ univibe cap ratio)
Dallas Rangemaster (w/ noisy OC75, negative ground)
SubCaster tube booster (w/ NoS russian tube, PtP)
Hot Harmonics
Music From Outer Space SubCommander in progress
Crackle Not OK
Simple bass blender in a 1590A
Bazz Fuss with a photo-darlington

Post by JiM »

I use Gimp for that. in addition to what has been said (import both images as layers, flip one, resize/rotate to get both sides aligned, adjust transparency of the upper one) i like to alter the color in order to distinguish better what is on which side. A proper "levels" balance helps a lot in distingushing details.

Then highlighting the traces on nex layers can help in knowing what is traced and what is not. I use the pencil, with [Shift] to make straight lines, and [Ctrl] to make them horizontal, vertical or 45°.

A couple of examples :
download/file.php?id=4058[/img]

To guesstimate the tracks under components, think of the shortest path the track will take. And don't forget vias !
:secret: An application schematic for the device helps a lot too.

I only give negative feedback.