Long time no see...(no type)

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Long time no see...(no type)

Postby bumblebee » 20 Jan 2019, 08:23

Hey all, I’ve not been around for quite a few years but I still recognise the original members from “back in my day” haha.

What became quite apparent upon logging in is the fact that photobucket shafted us all and all the layouts and schematics are gone from my posts and many others. Thus, in the interest or free information exchange - the principle of this very forums foundation - I will be repairing all my dead links from all my old posts. This I will do over the next few weeks. I still have everything in my files.

I see vzex is still up to his old tricks and also a whole new bunch of boo-tweakers too! :mrgreen:

Any of you remember me, say hi.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 5 times

Re: Long time no see...(no type)

Postby deltafred » 20 Jan 2019, 10:58

Hi, welcome back. There are still a few of the old names here.

Yea photobucket has made a mess of quite a few threads.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012
deltafred
Opamp Operator

Have thanks: 263 times

Postby bumblebee » 20 Jan 2019, 22:25

Hey, thanks.

Yes, I see many I recognise and a few of of them still log in regularly by the look of it.

In the spirit of Troy McClure, you may rember me from such stomps as; the Woolly Mammoth obsession; the BMP obsession; and the Zvex mockery.

Hahaha. (A Simpsons related joke.)

I done extensive experimentation on the WM - used as a base circuit - and so I’ll make a PDF of all my Schematics, mods, etc and upload it to that thread so it’s permanent. That is a sick circuit to experiment with and I still use one of my derivatives to this day. Essentially it’s a modified WM with a BMP tonestack and only has volume and tone knobs. I call it a “mini muff plus”, which is quite odd as it blows away any muff for pure subs, fuzz and volume.

I haven’t made a pedal in a few years but I’m still set up to do so. I don’t yet know if I even want to make them again but I do want to share my files on the above since they’ve long disappeared.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Postby Intripped » 21 Jan 2019, 00:44

Hi!
I do not remember if we've ever talked to each other, at the time, but I definitely remember your nick and avatar, and for sure I've read some of your posts.
Welcome back!
Intripped
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 215 times

Postby bumblebee » 21 Jan 2019, 11:40

Hey, thanks.

Is AG still around? Last I spoke with him he was having some health issues IIRC.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Postby bajaman » 21 Jan 2019, 11:49

Hi bumblebee
good to see you back - I have not heard from AG for a long time :cry:
cheers mate
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings
bajaman
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 1527 times

Postby bumblebee » 21 Jan 2019, 13:27

Hey, bajaman. Thanks.

That’s too bad about AG.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Postby marshmellow » 21 Jan 2019, 15:51

AG is still active on other forums. Probably here too under a different name...

Welcome back bumblebee.
marshmellow
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 122 times

Postby bumblebee » 21 Jan 2019, 22:45

Thanks.

I’m glad to hear that’s he’s still with us then

:mrgreen:
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Postby marcao_cfh » 22 Jan 2019, 01:46

Welcome back!
marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby bumblebee » 22 Jan 2019, 02:18

Thanks.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Postby bumblebee » 18 Feb 2019, 05:07

Well, I can’t fix my photobucket account as I can’t even access it as I’ve not found the email associated with it. I’ll find it eventually.

Photobucket has really messed things up around here.

I’ve been using postimage
https://postimages.org

They are free...currently, but I’ve been fucked over by two hosting sites in the past years so I take it nothing is permanent.

The DIY scene has changed a lot since I was here last. Much more information seems to be freely shared on the web, no doubt almost entirely due to this site and its members.

Also, I notice many DIYers making - or having made - professional quality PCBs. I still draw mine by hand. 8) unless it’s a complicated thing then I’ll just buy one.
I also see tons of PCBs of numerous effects for sale. A good thing!

I decided to get the Sunn Model T and Acapulco gold PCBs from Das Musikding (kits actually as I’m out of some of the parts and they seem to be value enough).

There’s a few preamps I want to build aside from above like the Sunn Beta Lead, etc.

Going through my parts containers I noticed I still have numerous sets of Germanium transistors (AC128), some unknown, and even a set of “Zvex” printed ones which I pulled from a fuzzfactory and replaced with some others I liked better. lol...I’d forgotten about it and since sold it to some guy in Seattle. :oops: IIRC it still had the large caps I put in it. The guy never emailed me after delivery so I guess he liked it. :D

I have a couple hundred Russian KT3102EM Transistors, the exact Green Sovtek BMP ones; and a couple hundred diodes Sovtek used too. A couple of TL071, 741, 4558, BS170, etc. Mostly all my parts are BMP, Sovtek, woolly mammoth, and fuzz related/values etc. I still have enough parts to make a handful of SHOs and call it a distortion! :lol:

I think I’m just going to make the preamps I want, assemble all my enclosureless fx I had previously made and call it a day. There’s really nothing much new in almost ten years.
bumblebee
Cap Cooler

Return to Freestomp Café!