EWS modded Arion Stereo Chorus keeps killing BBD’s

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Rambozo96
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Superfuzz’s, Mosrite Fuzzrite, various Tonebenders, some oddball Russian stuff, MXR Distortion II, modded various DOD pedals to true bypass, opamp Big Muff.

Post by Rambozo96 »

Hello all I seem to be having an issue with a EWS Arion Chorus that I replaced the Bellings BL3207 in and it worked fine for a few days and now it doesn’t emit a chorus effect. I was wondering if I should check the power supply to see if nothing was up with it or where ever else I should inspect.

Thanks in advance, Taylor

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

I fail to see the connection between "replaced the BBD's" and "keeps killing BBD's.

- Why did you replace the BBD in the first place?
- Do you still hava a clock going to the BBD?
- Are supply voltages to the BBD correct?
- is there signal going to the BBD?
- Is there modulated signal on the output of the BBD?

to name a few things "to inspect"
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Rambozo96
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Superfuzz’s, Mosrite Fuzzrite, various Tonebenders, some oddball Russian stuff, MXR Distortion II, modded various DOD pedals to true bypass, opamp Big Muff.

Post by Rambozo96 »

The reason why I replaced the BL3207 was the unit originally arrived to me in non functioning shape where it would only emit a uneffected clean tone. So I replaced like for like and a few days later it was only emitting a clean uneffected sound so I have suspicions that something is wrong elsewhere in the pedal. As to what I’m not sure outside of checking out the power supply for any suspect voltages or components. I would guess if I wanted to see if the BL3102 clock was still operational I would need an oscilloscope? I would also suppose I would need an audio probe to make sure that the 3207 is still getting signal? I am sorry if these come off as annoying noob questions but I never worked on many chorus pedals or any time based effects that operate on BBD’s.