Harmonic Fusion Engine

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
~arph
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by ~arph »

Thought I'd start a separate topic for this.

I married the harmonic energizer and the harmonic jerkulator and named it the Harmonic Fusion Engine.
I omitted the final gain stage of the energizer and used the free opamp as an input buffer. Mixed in some clean un-energized signal with the energized signal going into the jerkulator to maintain some of the original dynamics and low end when the frequency pot of the energizer is set high. Also i fixed the bandwith of the energizer at the narrowest setting as this made sense to me as 90% of the pot rotation was pretty useless with the fuzz after it. What this thing might still benefit from is a simple amz pickup sim before the input of the jerkulator section so we can retain some of the guitar volume interaction of the jerkulator circuit which is now lost by the buffered front end.

Here's the schematic and a crappy soundclip to go with it.. enjoy!

Soundclip:
Attachments
hfe-fixed.png
In the quiet words of the virgin Mary: "Come again?"

~arph
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by ~arph »

Here's a vero layout. Been ages since I last did one. What an agony :lol:
Was planning to verify this, but I ran out of solder :shock:
Attachments
hfe-vero.png
In the quiet words of the virgin Mary: "Come again?"

friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshal Class v
Completed builds: Mad Professor Deep Blue delay, Mark Hammer's Chaos Fuzz, and an overdrive for my friend at church.

Post by friedtransistor »

The sound sample kinda sounds like a really dirty octave-up/wah type thing. A little too splatty on the decay for my taste, but other than that it sounds amazing!
For all you starwars fans...

Sorry, downsized by request.

Did I mention I love bass?